What's my boat worth?

Basskicker

73 members have voted

1. 1. What is my boat worth?

I just bought a new boat....so my current boat needs to find a new home and I would like to know APPROXIMATELY how much it's worth. I'm not looking to get rich, but I don;t want to just give it away!!!

1998 Shorelander trailer with new Tires, Wires and Light (Spring 2009)

1998 14'6 Grumman Boat with Livewell, Stereo, Lights, new Automatic Bilge (Fall 2009), 2 New seats (Fall 2009)

2005 25HP Johnson ELECTRIC start, new spark plugs (last week)

2009 Hummimbird 797C2 Side Imaging GPS/Fishfinder

2009 Minn Kota PowerDrive V2 (only used 3-4 weeks last fall)

2010 Battery (NEVER USED)

2010 Minn Kota 1x6 AMP onboard batter charge (NEVER USED-Taken from my new boat)

I think that;s it!!! Here's some pics..

IMG_2913.jpg

IMG_2906.jpg

IMG_2900.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

IMG_2902.jpg

IMG_2898.jpg

IMG_2908.jpg

IMG_2897.jpg

IMG_2896.jpg

I'd say $5,500 or so.

I would take off the Humminbird and sell it separtely. Whoever is going to buy the boat will not give you what the unit is worth. They will pay a similar amount whether it is there of not. You could say it is available for $X more if they want it.

My guess is you will get around $6000 for it. Looks like a great clean buy with all the up grades. Anyone spending more than 6 Gs on a boat is probably expecting to get a longer boat or one with a console.

Post it on kijiji well above what you want for it. Wait a week or two, reposting every few days so it dosent ger burried and see how it goes.

Good luck

I had a comparable package (Lowe with a 25 johnson and new bowmount minn kota) that I sold 2 years back for 5000.00. Differences were my boat/trailer was slightly newer, my motor slightly older, mine was side console and I kept my fishfinder. I say keep the fishfinder to be sold separately and you'll get around 5750.00. There's lots to like about that set-up, including the fact it looks real clean, but at the end of the day the boat itself is 12 years old and for a lot of people this will hurt the value.

All you guys saying 6 grand are dreaming and wouldn`t pay a nickle over 4 grand for this boat.

I spent alot of time last year looking for a boat under 7 Gs. For 4 grand you'd find a 98 Gruman with an older motor, trolling motor yada yada and end up spending the money in the next year or two. I'm sure he will get hit with a 100 kijiji offers for 2-4 grand range but hopefully someone with a good eye will give him asking. Lots of lemons out there in the used boat world. Quality boats sell

I love how the 2 seats are in the centre and not staggered. If too people are in the boat and are of different shape (lol). no lag on one side and if you are alone the same result. This would be my smaller water walleye killer. Nice rig man.

Thanks guys....very interesting to see what everyone thinks!!!

Asking $5900.00 paid a lot more.

Motor $3300.00

GPS/Fish finder $1200.00

Minn Kota Powerdrive $ 850.00

+ BOAT and Trailer.....you do the math.

I think it is FAIR price to ask. Lets put it this way, if I don't get what I'm asking I guess I'll own 2 boats!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks once again!!!

Jason

I spent alot of time last year looking for a boat under 7 Gs. For 4 grand you'd find a 98 Gruman with an older motor, trolling motor yada yada and end up spending the money in the next year or two. I'm sure he will get hit with a 100 kijiji offers for 2-4 grand range but hopefully someone with a good eye will give him asking. Lots of lemons out there in the used boat world. Quality boats sell

I agree I have been looking for a new boat for a couple of weeks now with out luck,there is a lot of junk out there and equally a lot of over priced junk.

I hope he gets his price.