who is out of gas?

lunkerbasshunter

Most of North Oakville is out of gas today! One sunoco staion at newagawa and dundas had 50+ car line ups. I think its the only one. i had to run over to burlington walkers and mainway for gas. Need to go to london tommorow so I had to find some gas somewhere.

How is the gas situation where you live? Are you dry or pumps still running?

The Esso in Brookin has been out of gas since just shortly after the problem surfaced. They are a newer station, maybe they are on some type of a seniority system when stuff like this happens.

Still lots of other places around the area with gas though. Kinda sounds like the Road Warrior movie, but it makes you think how much the world would change if suddenly tommorrow there was absolutely no fuel ANYWHERE anymore.

I drive a truck that uses 450 lts/day between the two of us driving. We've encountered many diesel stations closed and I thought I was in big trouble last night in Toronto when our fleet tanks were empty and I was on a quarter tank. I knew I had enough to get back home to London but my day driver would be left with nothing. I decided to swing into the Esso in Ingersol which had been closed all week for no fuel and they were open! That's the good news. The bad news is that I got thier last 230 lts.

Most of us truck drivers don't have the benifit of pulling into any gas station...

-not all have diesel

-we don't fit in most

-we often have only one company to choose from with a fleet fuel card.

I suspect it's going to get worse before it gets better. I hope my day driver was able to get fuel in Windsor or I might not be able to work tonight. I need the money!

-Brian

Richmond Hill is DRY!! I was going to stop this morning, but none at Esso, none at Petro-Can, and the lineup at Shell was a mile lone, so I went and lunch and then the Shell didn't have any either. I'll be walking after tomorrow :(

Joey

Yeah, I saw on the news that the 3 stations in Richmond Hill near Bayview and Major Mac were dry. The 2 I mentioned in another post at Hwy 10/Britannia in Mississauga were dry this morning. The Shell at Hwy 10/Matheson was serving up Super unleaded at 97.8 since they were out of Bronze and Silver. I assume they have plenty because a big double tanker had just pulled in when I got there. Of course, not sure it was delivering more fuel, just speculating.

Charles

Got about 80L in jerry cans and a full tank...

How did you win that case Kirk :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Barrie has had it,s empty places,but alls good here so far. I fuel up at the Shell depot, so it,s always got fuel. Anyone that can find a fuel supply station that is maned,can get fuel. The Bull part is it is shell,they are not effected but the price is still up. I can,t complain though,I get my gear oil and motor oil for the boat for free. Ah friends in low places. LOL :Gonefishing:

Leah went to Ottawa and back without issue Sun/Mon and I went to TO and back with the other daughter. Everyone still seems to have fuel around here..Peterborough...Ottawa...PetroCan on 400

Tony...if you do head North on fumes and can't leave Temagami...see you Next Friday ! LOL I do suggest you fill your tank in North Bay (Mr. Gas..top of the hill going out of North Bay) to be safe though....

Just heard today that Exxon/Mobile is pulling out of Pennsylvania at the end of this month. Saw the signs on the local Mobile station here in town. Sure ... the gas credit card I use every month. Not sure why, but I heard that our governor is considering taxing the profits of the oil companies here in the state (true or not ... not certain)

Things will be fine in a moment. They just want you to feel the pinch a little before they tell you that they now have lots of fuel for everyone at $1.10/L. Everyone will feel much better then.

I can't believe I didn't get into that business a few years ago.

Brantford seems to have lots. Typical price gouging though. The gas companies should have their prices more closely regulated. Really, what other consumer goods fluctuate to that extent ...... especially on holiday weekends? Funny how that works, isn't it? Must be just a big coincidence!

I pass an Esso station almost every day at Bayview just north of Eglinton...haven't seen them open in over a week (at least at 730am). Filled up in Whitby this morning, but the Sunoco I was at only had their Ultra available...at least they were selling it for the price of their cheapest gas....at a bargoon 99.9 cents!

ESSO in Scarboro at Victoria Park & Danforth was down to only regular a couple days ago, but I gassed up this morning and their now selling all grades again......strange too, cause I was the only car there, and I was expecting the place to be busy.......99.9 ¢ for regular.

Don't think they've been totally outta gas yet.

I heard some drivers interviewed on the radio this morning and some were saying they were trying up to a dozen stations before they found one with gas in the GTA.