Cracked Ribs...

Gerritt

Garret i just cracked two last fall ....(top step on a ladder that says "this is not a step" was written there for a reason ...ladder kicked out and i did a 5 foot horizontal fall right onto my circular saw...one week in bed heavily sedated with extra strength advil and gravol to knock me out...my ribs now tell me when the barometer is dropping ...

Good Luck dude ...it aint fun ...

Edited by Twocoda

I hurt my ribs a few years back (I don't think they were actually broken). The doctor told me that they no longer recommed taping the ribs; it doesn't really benefit you and can cause problems.

Try to stick to "beverages" or pain killers, not both.

Well that just sucks G. Hope you are feeling better soon. Only popped my ribs out in the past, never broke or cracked one. Chiroprator was able to fix me up. It sure sucked not being able to breath without any pain, can only imagine what you are going through. No advice here other then to take it easy, we have some fishing to do in the near future my friend. cool.gif

I cracked ribs before. Tylanol 3's was my only relief, eat a couple every few hours and I was told not to wrap my chest with any kind of tensor bandage. Not sure why but it may have been the ribs I cracked or somthing, there may be different treatments depending on which rib you injured. The pain deminished alot in just a couple of days, the first few days was tough, it did hurt abit for a few weeks.

Gerritt, they have those mentholated back pain bandages now. They are like a tensor bandage with a kind of numbing mentholated agent on it that is supposed to work all day. Try one of those maybe?

Joey

That 60 pounder of JD looks like it will numb the pain a bit. All you can do is just take it easy and wait for the soft water season to kick in. You'll be ok in a couple of weeks. Stay away from your buds that are jokers and pray you don't have to sneeze.

Firstly, I thought you had trained those folks to take the garbage out!

Man G, that's gotta hurt!

My best suggestion is "fish whistles", but than again, that's always my first suggestion...

Perhaps Mike can come by and sit down with yah and the two of yaou could put a dent in a keg of his home made brew!?

Get better soon bud... as Will said, we got fishin to do soon!

HH