Simple facts

kickingfrog

Team Canada is better, period.

Better depth, talent and coaching.

It will be difficult for the yanks to repeat their fortune from the first game.

Seven game series Canada wins 4 games to 1.

10 games, Canada wins 8.

Burke said as much before the Games (Although he used to be a lawyer, so make sure you keep one hand on your wallet and the other on the truth when they are talking). :lol:

One game however, either team could win.

Enjoy this game because if the owners/bettman get their way the best in the world will play in the Olympics no more, and hockey fans all over the world will be denied the chance to be truly entertained.

Thanks again bettman for making hockey better... ice hole.

GO CANADA

I have the upmost respect for the American Team this year. Very dangerous team. I believe that if Canada comes out and starts the game like they did against the Russians, they can win. They really need to play a physical game though. If they come out flat like they did against Slovakia,(IMHO) it may be a different game.

Gotta play like it's desparate right out of the gate.

Should be awesome to watch. Everybody enjoy, whatever country you support.

Cheers

Craig

Fasten your seat belts and enjoy the ride........This should be a good one....I hope it's very entertaining no matter what the results are.

BTW on FOX News they said having the Olympics in Vancouver could end up costing the city a BILLION dollars but worth ever cent if Team Canada Wins today.

Edited by Billy Bob

Simple Fact: Team Canada's payroll is about $140 million. They should win.

Simple Fact: Americans were picked to finish 5th in these Games. They should lose.

Simple Fact: Pressure is on Team Canada. They were expected to win.

Simple Fact: There ain't no simple facts once the puck drops.

[quote name='Marty' date='Feb 28 2010, 01:33 PM' post='438183'

Simple Fact: There ain't no simple facts once the puck drops.

Exzackly. This will be all about will to win, goaltending and maybe a little bit about luck. All the "facts" go out the window now. American athletes have a scary propensity for gutting out wins at special times. Hopefully our Canuck boys show a lot of that stuff themselves this afternoon. Methinks pride will be the determinant here. Gonna be exciting.

JF

Don't worry about the NHL players and the 2014 Olympics, they will be there. The owners are holding on to this for a bargaining chip for the next labour contract. They know the players want to go and they'll want something in return for it in negotiations.

GO CANADA GO

Well, I wasn't at the game today, but I was at Gretzky's in Toronto. My ears are still ringing and my voice is hoarse.

I've seen the Habs win 7 cups and this is the most exciting and meaningful game that I've EVER seen.

Canadian athletes truly made us proud during these games. We can all play the patriotism card, but we really have little to no idea of the discipline and sacrifices that our atheletes made to bring us such joy.

This has been such a memorable couple of weeks and I will never forget the final game which proved yet again that this is our game.