Another BBP Report

Skud

I slipped away from work this afternoon and was on the ice fishing by 2pm. Walked out to 110 fow and set up shop. Fish regularly showed up on the radar and took a look at my lures but I didn't hook into a fish until 3:30pm. A little 16" grabbed my Jigging Shadrap. Snapped a pic and sent it back down.

Laker16.jpg

About 20 min later this fatty chased up after a Williams gold/silver. Being too small to feed a family of six I sent him on his way also.

Laker18.jpg

The action died so I moved into 95 fow. The sun went down and I was cursing the fact that I let dinner go. I had about 4 hits that I had missed on a 4 inch tube so I down sized to a 3 inch to see if that would get a fish to suck it in better. As daylight was fading I looked to the shoreline to make sure I knew were I was heading to get off the ice. Just then a Laker hammered the tube almost taking the rod from my hand. After a short battle I iced dinner, a sweet 26".

Laker26.jpg

For once Lady Simcoe blessed my efforts. It usually takes me all winter to catch 3 trout through the ice. It is nice to get that monkey off my back so soon in the season.

Nice lakers Skud!

Well, I'll be giving Lady Simcoe a try tommorrow, most likely for whities off IBP. I've tried a number of times with other friends on KBay only to be the only one skunked for lakers! Lady S has my number, one of these days I'll hook up with a laker. Hopefully, this year.

archie_james_c : The jigging Shadraps have produced for me almost every time. A top 3 lure for me now.

Shore Lunch : The ice is 6-8 inches.

Phil65 : A pleasure meeting you.

douG : As my post stated, I have to 'slip away'.

HearingFish : Simcoe had my # for many, many years. I hope to keep my success going.

Cityfisher : There are very few machines out there. 99% of the fishermen are playing it safe and walking.

Thanks for the comments all.