speed limits

sandybay

I once passed two OPP sleds @ 200 KPH :blink: with my 1983 T-Bird on my way to the Goose from Sturgeon.

This was in 1992 I think.... we barely had snow and a lot of ice.

They caught up to me when I was punching my first hole near the islands...

They scalded me for driving like a lunatic.. but had nothing on the books to charge me with.

Last year I exceeded 160 Kph with the Expedition {by myself}... but my average is about 35-50 depending on the road.

1983tbird.jpg

sideways.jpg

I know I'll get bashed for It by some members... I know that I'm causing a pressure wave ahead of me and it's dangerous and can cause a crack to blow up in front of me.....

... but you know what every once in a while IT'S FUN!! :w00t:

RFS

:canadian:

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i think you should have to have a licence to go that fast. nothing bugs me more than young kids racing around on snowmobiles. it's why i fish in a provincial park. quiet and safe.

Speed limit - none, smart limit goes something like 50K, still pretty safe, you can see obstructions and big bumps and avoid them, 80K, you're starting to push the limits of being able to stop for "stuff", much higher than that and it says application for a Darwin award on the speedo. I like it when they hit those pressure cracks at around 150 and go like a missle, something like that wack a penguin game and see how many bounces you can get. You crash, my sympathy meter reads "0"

This fast

17548_418714935367_861375367_10592786_3103781_n.jpg

Here's a better one

n861375367_5502333_1953.jpg

I think that Doo is outtawack..the 127 mph...not thw 184 k

Best I have seen on mine is 176k but its not the fastest.

My buddy went ripping by me.

I don't think a car going that fast would set up much of a wave. You would be ahead of it all the way.

Edited by Dara

This fast

17548_418714935367_861375367_10592786_3103781_n.jpg

Speed is relative.

I used to have a speedometer on my bicycle that would keep the "top speed". Coming down Blue Mountain during a triathlon my speed hit 91 km/h. Good thing I didn't know it at the time :huh:

That felt about as fast as any other speed I have attained. Watch the skeleton during the Olympics. Centimeters off the ice in a "tunnel" traveling well over a 100 km/h and no brakes.

Im not sure who likes racing their sleds here on OFC. but you may want to go to puslinch lake in cameridge.They time and race them there,every weekend.Some of the top sleds hit over 125miles per hour.AS told to me by the keeper a year ago.Love watching them race while ice fishing.Sometimes the dirt bikes and enduros come out to play on the ice.Just an FYI for yas out there.cheers