Lake Simcoe Whitefish/Lakers

gone_fishin

Got back from a great day at Smokey's today. started fishing around 9am after getting set up in the hut and everything. as soon as i got my spreader to the bottom i had a fish on...didn't get it up, but a good start to the day none the less. about ten minutes later and we've already missed 3 fish. then i finally get one up...about a 4-5 lb whitefish, my first whitefish. and while i was fighting that, my brother hooked one as well, he missed that one. after untangling the lines that were stuck from the fight, we get our lines back down...as soon as mine hits the bottom, i've got another fish on, this time a 4 lb lake trout. all of this action was between 9 and 10:30am. after that fish, we didn't have much action until my dad pulled in a nice 5 lb lake trout at about 2:30. and that was all we got for the rest of the day, we left the lake just after 4pm. from 10:30 - 2:30 we had sporadic hits, but nothing stuck around long enough to get a hook set.

1.JPG

2a.JPG

3a.JPG

4a.JPG

5a.JPG

Awsome, looks like it was fun. I was out with my father and Snagmasteral yesterday with no luck at all. The weather started to turn, wind gusts up to 50kph, so it made it a little uncomfortable to sit out there without a hut.

What depth were you fishing?

Awsome, looks like it was fun. I was out with my father and Snagmasteral yesterday with no luck at all. The weather started to turn, wind gusts up to 50kph, so it made it a little uncomfortable to sit out there without a hut.

What depth were you fishing?

we were in 80FOW. i had my fishfinder there, we were marking fish all day long. marked some suspended smelt and possibly small herring at about 40 - 50 feet. all of the lakers and whities were within 3 or 4 feet of bottom.