HARDWATER Vs. SOFTWATER FISHING...

rbaquial

HARDWATER Vs. SOFTWATER FISHING...  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Hardwater Vs. Softwater Fishing - Which do you prefer?

• Are you kidding?! Hardwater of course! Those Softwater punks don't know nuttin'...
    • What?! Really?! Softwater of course! Hardwater fishing is for tha KrAzi3S!!

i almost like hardwater fishing then softwater fishing. i find ice fishing soo much more of a challenge and thrill but nothing beats the feel and thrill of going out on the boat on a warm sunny day and hooking into some nice fish.

Vote Dude... I'm actually REALLY interested in the outcome of this poll.

Definetely soft water for me, from early spring till the season shuts down mid-December.

Standing on the ice staring down at a frozen hole is sorta like watching bowing on TV :P

There's other things in life rather than fishing and winter is the time for them.

Course, that's only my opinion :lol:

Softwater for me. That's an easy one as I've never had/taken/desired the opportunity to sit my butt on a slab of ice. Of course, ya never know until ya try it. But, a day out with good friends may just be the ticket. Someday I may give it a whirl, but my fishing buds down here don't ice fish either.

Whatcha think GCD. Just pick me up on your way through. A little Lakair GTG in January ... you can build the camp fire. We'll just cut a hole in the ice, shove the boat down through, and off we go. There's some softweater underneath that hard stuff ..... just gotta be. :D

Observed at: Greater Sudbury Airport 8:00 AM EST Sunday 3 January 2010

Condition:Light Snow

Temperature:-20.1°C

Pressure / Tendency:102.0 kPa / falling (Hey - don't fish bite better on a dropping Barometer ?)

Humidity:69% (Might be kinda sticky and sweaty out there)

Wind Chill:-32

Wind Speed:NNW 28 km/h gust 37 km/h

I guess I just don't like winter much. :dunno:

Edited by Rich Clemens

Whatcha think GCD. Just pick me up on your way through. A little Lakair GTG in January ... you can build the camp fire. We'll just cut a hole in the ice, shove the boat down through, and off we go. There's some softweater underneath that hard stuff ..... just gotta be.

Trolling in a submarine might be fun Rich! :lol:

I actually enjoy hardwater fishin', but I hardly ever get to do it... but whenever I'm up north during the season I always go.

... but if I gotta choose between one or the other, it ain't gonna be hardwater! ;)

I figure that any woman who sees her hubby crawl out of her nice, warm, cozy bed at 4AM to go sit on the ice in a cardboard box in -30 temperatures has got to be questioning the strength of her relationship to him.

I figure that any woman who sees her hubby crawl out of her nice, warm, cozy bed at 4AM to go sit on the ice in a cardboard box in -30 temperatures has got to be questioning the strength of her relationship to him.

LOL

I haven't been hardwater fishing in a long time and I'm definetly gonna give it a whirl again this year but (in the interest of my marriage) I won't be getting up at 4am for hardwater. My vote goes for softwater hands down.

If I could figure out an effective way to use top-water baits through the ice, I might like winter more...ice fishing is fun though. In Sudbury the ice season is almost four months, so it is a big part of my year. Still, I prefer the summer. God, I wish it was July right now!

A couple of times my buddy and I fished for crappie in the summer and fall from the docks of his marina but "winter style." We'd use our ice rods (just one per guy of course) and vertical jig for them with a flasher unit. It was fun to get a little taste of winter fishing in shorts and a tee-shirt.

Edited by Fishnwire

Well if she was the wife she's supposed to be, she'd already be up and have the coffee and sandwiches made... and the truck loaded up and warmed up!!!

Well if she was the wife she's supposed to be, she'd already be up and have the coffee and sandwiches made... and the truck loaded up and warmed up!!!

Hmmmm....

My wife is pretty good and knows how important fishing is to me. She's more accomadating than some other guy's wives I've met. That said, if I requested that kind of treatment I'd go thirsty and hungry and have a cold truck with no gear in it, of this I am sure.

Really--Curious minds need to know i guess

DUDE:

Love them Both-soft water/hard water--fresh or salt-saw Mercer doin the Bone Fish Thang on TV briefly today--got to go when the budget can afford it-on my Bucket List

Married a Girl 23 years ago who knew my passion going in-so whatever the Season--welcome home--warm arms-Smile and please clean that in your shop-- make my own lunch TMI

OK--Softwater is my vote--but not to fish locally for a few months--is pain--gots to embrace the ICE if you live on Lake Simcoe

Stay Safe

Good Fishin

I think both are fun, they each have benifits. I obviously gotta love nice summer days fishing, and BASS.. but there is something about getting out there on the ice too. I don't have a sweet boat so being out on the ice allows me access to water I can't always get to.