WHY,WHY,WHY

misfish

well no one said the guys in the truck were ice fishermen

but that being said so what did the guy do other then playing a bit with his truck, if there was enough ice to support it and I didn't here about it going through.......

I saw nothing wrong with a guy doing that , it would be a different story if he was waiving ariund people and huts, but he seemed to be away from everyone

but that being said so what did the guy do other then playing a bit with his truck, if there was enough ice to support it and I didn't here about it going through.......

Terry

OPEN water just meters out.Come on.You know better then that.

If he had of gone through,you would be singing a different tune.So ya he was lucky.

Dont tell me theres 12 inches out there either.

Oh,can I take yer truck out???????LOL

Edited by misfish

if the ice was too thin then stupid boy

but maybe he walked around for half an hour checking the ice conditions before he drove on

my problem is with the news always making things sound worst then what it is........

and once I check the ice conditions and if I feel they are safe, sure you can take if for a spin....

they have been driving trucks over to the island for days now, the same day they quit with the ferry the ice road was on

I'd have drove Terry's truck out onto the lake we were on yesterday !

Wayne,anyone would drive a dodge on the ice.LOL

With the high winds today,and not the best ice yet,I would deffer not to drive out.

Just looking for trouble.

WAY TO EARLY FOR THAT.

Friday there was someone ripping up and down the west side of cooks on a sled, damm near impossible to see where the ice had cracked and heaved, then they wonder why they go airborn or run into a hut like the one did last year. Speed doesn't kill, it's the rudely abrupt cessation of forward motion that does it. Some take safety advice and heed, some others, they make the news.

Last time I was out on simcoe and the last since Ive seen a lot of stupid things going on.In that no ontario plates involved.90% MICHIGAN,10%PENN and NEW YORK.I guess what Im saying is if there are no signs then go for it.What ever it is.I saw some of the dummist thing out there esp by one from michigan.He wanted to stay warm and find some safe ice to park on.He was doing donuts and figure 8s.When he was comfortable he and his buddy drilled holes around the car,left it running and opened the hood.Their excuse was they wanted to hit all angles and stay warm on safe ice.We rolled out a 50 ft rope to them and pinned it to the ice and left.Just a bad memory from being there thats all.

Last time I was out on simcoe and the last since Ive seen a lot of stupid things going on.In that no ontario plates involved.90% MICHIGAN,10%PENN and NEW YORK.I guess what Im saying is if there are no signs then go for it.What ever it is.

Vinni...ive never seen a "NO JUMPING OFF" sign on any bridges i have ever crossed...but sometimes ...common sense should prevail :dunno:

Right after the guy in the truck doing donuts they showed my son on his yellow Mach Z- it was pretty cool to see. I have spoken to him several times about safety and he is pretty cautious. He has witnessed two deaths and a serious accident in the last two seasons(including last night) so I hope he has gotten the message. NO way would I be driving a full size truck on any ice down here right now- no way!

Vinni...ive never seen a "NO JUMPING OFF" sign on any bridges i have ever crossed...but sometimes ...common sense should prevail :dunno:
That was what I saw and all others that were being dare devils out there on their vehicles were all from below the border.We were scared out of our witts.Not knowing if we were going to get hit,sink.I dont know just really not good that day at all, on others part,As we were walking out.

Probably get charged with stunt driving, loss of license and truck impounded.

For what?

He is on the ice.

You can drive a sled as fast as you want out there, why would a truck be any different?

If he goes through there are charges for pollution. Till then, I know of nothing that can be done

WHY,do these guys pull bonehead moves.

If anyone watched the Achannel tonight,you all seen that :asshat: and his truck doing donuts out on Cooks Bay today.Full size GM.

It never used to be this bad. In the old days, Boxing Day sales were on Boxing Day. Now you have the Pre Boxing Day sale; Boxing Week sale, Boxing Week sale "Held Over".

Where is a guy going to find a decent parking lot to whack a few 'nuts?

I say he was acting very responsibly by not taking it to the streets.

That's because you've never been down here! We have "No Diving From Bridge" signs a lot of bridges down here... and they still do it and sometimes kill or paralyze themselves.

news reporters must have had a pretty slow day if they were concerned about a truck blowing donuts on the ice. its a ton of fun getting up to speed and then cranking it over to see how many times you can spin. plain old donuts are too boring for me :D

he likely checked the ice, didnt fall through, and nobody was hurt. i dont see the problem?

there is no set required thickness to hold a truck and 12" is just the general number people follow because there is no way for the average joe to determine how strong the ice is on each water body at different times of the year.