What compells u to fish?

uglyfish

For me, I spend far more time fishing in Canada each year than I do in my home state. This year, 2009, I caught only one fish here in PA and I didn't even get it into the boat.

Primarily Patsy and I come north to enjoy the beautiful country and get away from everything. Patsy likes to fish (when I'm catching fish) or just sit in the boat and read - she can do this for hours. Whether we catch fish or not, it doesn't really matter. We just love being out there and enjoy the company of friends - both old and new.

Peace and tranquility, Also I need a addiction and fishing seems to fill the void pretty good.

Like fishing Port D in November or the Niagara around now hahahahahahaha

I like the challenge and trying to figure things out but after 40yrs of trying, these fishies still can screw me up on a consistant basis. It's a never ending learning curve that draws me back day in and day out

I like to get away from the everyday grind. Even the drive to the lake is satisfying. Sometimes I'll travel 8 hours for 3 or 4 days of fishing. We'll camp in a tent, or sleep in the van which is also a change. Once the boat is launched then the challenge begins. We caught them here 2 weeks ago, where are they today ? Then the first bite!! Priceless.

I fish & hunt because of my dad, I blame him. Every day I fish & hunt, I think of him. Having a Great father brings back memories of all the time we spent together in the bush or boat. Only to have him back to do it all over.

"Good thread uglyfish"

Edited by Fish Farmer

I just watched the decade in review - this some how tells me why i get up at 5 am and go out in the dark or cold with mates or not and fish.

i race to the cottage every Friday night am normally alone trolling or casting. I caught one musky at almost 1;30 Am and I think I was more scared then i was

Why do i fish - because my dad taught me and he was passionate to sustain (thats why i take maybe a couple walleye a year) - he made be able to work out structure and where to fish. I am lucky that way and i think it is due to this tuition. I live in an opposite country now and dont see him so much but i will tell you he is an active member here!

Here is the link to why everyone should fish not fight - it has not been our finest decade

http://www.smh.com.au/multimedia/world/the...91229-li3s.html

Great topic made me think of my family

John C

Lots of good answers - peace, tranquility, communing with nature, anticipation, camaraderie, etc.

What compels me to fish? The unknown. Like Forrest Gump said, "It's like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." :P