BassPro Shops - Canada

splashhopper

A little elf told me I am getting a gift card ( $200.00) from BassPro shops from Santa tomorrow.

I live in London (2 hours away) but will be in Toronto for Christmas night and boxing day.

I was thinking about getting a baitcaster and rod from them... but am concerned about warranty issues and having to drive all the way back.. or pay the shipping etc...

This will be my first baitcaster btw.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a starter reel for me?

And, if i decide to buy locally instead,, Josh-Woodstock and/or Kazeem-London, I may just spend the card on one of the new style of life vests and whatever is left, spend it on ice fishing stuff.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Splashhopper

if ya don't have a float suite for ice fishing then I would put it all (and them some) towards a suite. they aren't just for ice fishing ya know... ;)

a baitcaster is a good toy to have but you want to hold a bunch and take time to match it to the right rod so a quick trip to BPS might not give you enough time.

I'm a fan of the BPS Extreme rods and reels. Have a few (maybe too many) and they've all performed very well

High end rain gear?

They have great gortex stuff.

Boots too!

These tend not to break down as you're concerned with warranty and repairs.

You also can ship BPS rods and reels to customer service in the US for warranty claims

i should be gettin a few gift cards... they will go towards a couple new reels. like one spinning and one casting... but maybe 2 casting, have to check my inventory and see what i need.

Inventory LOL!! I recieved 400 in cards and I will check my inventory as well even though I know I don`t really need another rod or reel.

What am I saying one can always use another combo or two!! RIGHT.

Well, my little Elf had a good laugh on me yesterday.

I did NOT get an BP gift cards as she had suggested.

However, being the smart little one that she is... she told everyone that I NEEDED a new WATERPROOF Camera. :D

They gave me a Fujifilm FinepixZ33WP camera...

Then she said, daddy can use it for work too mommy B)

I am looking forward to trying it out tomorrow....

Hopefully it will "catch" a rainbow as I sure as heck haven't caught one yet this fall ;)

Edited by splashhopper

Inventory LOL!! I recieved 400 in cards and I will check my inventory as well even though I know I don`t really need another rod or reel.

What am I saying one can always use another combo or two!! RIGHT.

haha, yea i know... i really dont need any... but i want some new ones lol.

Do not, buy the combos.

I too am going to get my first 'caster'....can you give me some insight on the problems with the combos? I know people have asked before about starter baitcasters and rods...I have around 200 to spend on one..separate rod and reel the way to go then?

thx guys