Good walleye session.......part 1

limeyangler

Hi all,

Went down to Eagle Lake for 2 hours this evening to try a different spot from the one that has been pretty slow so far despite being very productive last year.

Its a well known spot with easy access some 20 minutes up the road. there were around ten holes already there (not too hard to re-open ) and i set about drilling around 10 more to cover all the options that spot provides. basically there is a bay in one direction and a narrow channel leading to an open body of the lake in the other.

The holes there already were where it starts to shallow up to the bay, and i drilled holes in the other direction untill i found 18 FOW wwhich is the bottom of the drop off.

Nothing fancy today...just good old jigs and minnows. Got into one right off the bat as so often happens, then nothing for a good 1/2 hour till the light started to fade.

All but one of the fish came out ofthe same hole......holes no more than 5 feet away wouldn't produce. The hole was midway down the drop-off at 14FOW.

MY WALLEYE SESSION THIS EVENING

Might get time to try another spot tomorrow...till then

Tight lines

Simon

Edited by limeyangler

Ya just have to rub it in eh?? Joking :lol::lol:

Man you got to love being able to catch them eyes like that..... I think I've already told ya this...... Such a lucky guy to be able to target those a short trip away B)

Just doesn't get any better than that!!!

One question: Is 4 eyes the limit up there??? and slot being 22"???

The last one you caught was a beauty :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for sharing Simon and keep the reports coming!!!

Jacques

Okaaaay.....

now I wanna try ice fishing....

Love your reports limey... keep em coming

spalshhopper

hey Ron...hope your getting your icefishing starter pack for Xmas

Wicked, you've made me real jealous!

you gonna get out on the ice soon bass Killer?

you are so lucky

only a couple more weeks and il be on the ice

Look forward to your reports Walleye_man......what bodies of water do you fish?

Good stuff Simon... makes me (almost lol) wanna head to the camp !

Ah come on wayne...ya know ya wanna ;)

I enjoy reading your reports and watching the videos. Thank you for the entertainment! I can't wait to get out this season. It's like a carrot dangling in front of me, but I just can't get there yet. Good luck tomorrow if you get out.

Thanks Disco Phish (ps...liking the screen name...lol...i'm presuming its not your real name.) I did get out the next day, and we did have some luck, just posting the new report in a moment.

That's it! I've had all I can take, Simon!

I'm packing my bags, leaving the wife and moving back up north. There is only so much of this torture that I can bear :wallbash:

Well done on a good outing.

Thanks Bruce, good to see ya finally came to your senses with the move back up north.....lol

So Jealous!

Sorry bro....cant be long till you get some ice out your way though eh?

Beauty report..as usual!!! I'm off to Nosbonsing in the middle of the night tonight...YOU know what I'm hopin' for :D :D

Thanks JB.....i wish i knew how to do a poll on here....i was gonna do one as a thread......POLL: WHAT DO YOU THINK JB IS HOPING FOR TONIGHT?

You're killing me.... :wallbash:

cant be long now dude...cant be long.

Well done Simon. I enjoyed "spending" the evening on the ice with you. Thx for sharing.

I think I'm heading out for perch tomorrow. I just can't stay in the house :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: for another whole weekend.

Go git'em Steve.....still have to try your advice for perchin' ....but i'll get round to it soon enough.

time to drive up to eagle lake and join my big ol' native buddy for some ice fishing. nice video btw!

JP

LOL...for a moment i thought you meant i was a native...lol...would not be the first time someone thought that...that is until i open my mouth and speak!

Ya just have to rub it in eh?? Joking :lol::lol:

Man you got to love being able to catch them eyes like that..... I think I've already told ya this...... Such a lucky guy to be able to target those a short trip away B)

Just doesn't get any better than that!!!

One question: Is 4 eyes the limit up there??? and slot being 22"???

The last one you caught was a beauty :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for sharing Simon and keep the reports coming!!!

Jacques

Thanks Jacques....yup sport fishing license is 4. Eagle lake has a slot size.....none between 18.1" to 22 or there abouts. I prefer to eat the ones under 18" anyway...better meat and lets the big breeders keep breeding

Great fish!Going to head out do some hardwater fishing soon! :D

Yeah....seen a couple of the guys on TB fishing forum are already out there....

excellent report and video.So close to shore, and catchin so many fish!

I fish where the fish are young one...we drilled some holes out in the middle of the channel...not a bite.

Hey Simon .... its candy for the eyes this morning as I have my coffee and read the posts ...

thanks

thanks JDS....you get out icefishing at all?

I'm not into ice fishing at all Simon, but always enjoy reading your reports from the far north.

Hard to believe were living in the same province though as we have absolutely NO snow down here at all and even the ponds only froze over in the last week or so :lol:

I'm not into ice fishing at all Simon, but always enjoy reading your reports from the far north.

Hard to believe were living in the same province though as we have absolutely NO snow down here at all and even the ponds only froze over in the last week or so :lol:

Thanks Lew,

yeah, having lived most of my life in a country smaller than ontario the distances are still mind boggling for me too.