Need help deciding

SlowPoke

Found money  

44 members have voted

1. 1. where would you invest it?

• Maytag Gemini
    • Minkota Terrova

We listed our house for sale Tuesday and had multiple offers yesterday. We accepted an offer a little over asking price (yay!) and that now leaves us with a dilema. I'm looking for an unbiased opinion on where we should invest our little bit of 'found money'.

I'm leaning in one direction, my wife is leaning in another. To be fair, I won't say who prefers what.

Maytag Gemini

81e6c2eb-6827-45ef-857f-6e502ab28b5f_300.jpg

Minkota Terrova

28416.gif

This poll is going horribly wrong, how do I delete it? :dunno:

Deep in yer heart you really know she deserves a new appliance. The extra money on the offer is probably due to her meticulous housekeeping and extraordinary decorating skills. Yer fishability had nothing at all to do with the price on the house. Give credit where credit is due, and then put the trolling motor on that credit card she doesn't know about. We all have them, don't we?

That's the win win solution.

JF

Edited by JohnF

Deep in yer heart you really know she deserves a new appliance.

She did work her butt off prepping for showings and painting stucco ceilings. And it will fill the 30" void in the counter top at the new place.

On the other hand, she could use the Terrova as a counter mounted mix master.

She did work her butt off prepping for showings and painting stucco ceilings. And it will fill the 30" void in the counter top at the new place.

On the other hand, she could use the Terrova as a counter mounted mix master.

Buy her a Kitchenaid, ya cheapskate. You'd only resent it every time you saw her making some culinary delight with the trolling motor when what you really knew it should be doing is powering the front end of yer boat. And besides, a MinnKota looks dumb on the kitchen counter, unless it's at a fishing camp.

Have you bought the stove yet? And the mixmaster? What's holding you up?

JF

Edited by JohnF

Take up cooking bud and get a good stove.The motor will come with time.I got mine a six burner with a double oven and a griddle.I love to cook now and one day she said I can go out on my boat..if I clean up the kitchen,wash the dishes and mop the floor.

Joe

Not too many good reviews on this double oven... :dunno:

Stay away from Maytag.....garbage.

Okay, so I'll put you guys as 2 votes for Minnkota. ;)

I'll consider the reviews.

As for Maytag being garbage; how about enlightening the rest of the class?

I'm confused :dunno:

If you sold you house and only have enough found money for a stove or a trolling motor. Would you be so kind as to tell me who your listing/selling agent is....just so I can stay FAR FAR away from them :P

Let me simplfy this for you.

Let's say I was cleaning out my car and FOUND MONEY under the seats. I now have $1.53 in my pocket that I didn't expect to have. Gee, maybe I'll treat myself to a coffee.

When we sold, we didn't plan on getting full asking price or over asking price. That's not the trend in London. So we have a few unemcumbered bucks to spend.

Let me simplfy this for you.

Let's say I was cleaning out my car and FOUND MONEY under the seats. I now have $1.53 in my pocket that I didn't expect to have. Gee, maybe I'll treat myself to a coffee.

When we sold, we didn't plan on getting full asking price or over asking price. That's not the trend in London. So we have a few unemcumbered bucks to spend.

No problems...I was only poking fun. :lol:

Over full asking price :glare: ....perhaps I should rethink my previous statement. Who did you say your listing agent was :worthy:

How about a compromise, Scratch and Dent stove AND a Minnkota Endura ...... So should I pick you up now and we'll head to London Home Basics and Angling Outfitters? I'm willing to donate my pickup to this worthy cause to help with the transportation of these fine items. Your wife is at work right now isn't she?

jjcanoe

This poll is going horribly wrong, how do I delete it? :dunno:

lol cuz its maytag thats in the lead? were all for the wife,nothing personal but that way they are nice and will let you fish to cook on her stove.. maybe get a used maytag and a new minkota or vice versa..or used both but tell her the stove is new! little fib never hurt.. that much!