Lac Seul Muskies - Report

trapshooter

I managed to squeeze in 3 1/2 more days of muskie fishing in between hunts and the arrival of ice up.

Two days were spent 60km up Lac Seul at Chamberlain narrows, which is well regarded as the epicenter of Lac Seul muskie fishing. I was out with fellow guide Greg Marino. This time I was the 'guest' however, as this is Greg's stomping grounds in the fall. The trip didn't disappoint. We had 3 muskies in the boat and one other notable Essox.....

Five minutes in on the first day.....

PB060210.JPG

Next up, Greg gets the big fish of the trip... just over the magical 50" mark.

PB060217.JPG

PB060215.JPG

One more muskie before we had to go...

PB060220.JPG

Now, the other notable Essox was this monster 44" pike. It's the longest, and fattest, pike that I've ever laid eye's on. Greg thought for sure he had another muskie. Good trade! :thumbsup_anim:

PB060223.JPG

With some unseasonably warm weather up here I delayed putting my own boat away in the hopes of getting out on the south east end of the lake. With some high winds I was lucky to squeeze in another day-and-a-half. We put 3 fish in the boat, which was awesome, but nothing over 44".

PB100233.JPG

My buddy Colin. He was on the inside of a big turn and when his line was tightening back up, this one nailed his 9" Grandma.

PB110235.JPG

Just as the sun was hitting the tree-tops I landed this guy.

PB110236.JPG

Not a real big one, but with this picture it deserves another look B)

PB110239.JPG

Well.... that's the end of my first full season of muskie fishing on Lac Seul. What a tremendous fishery we've got up here. My muskie addiction already has me counting down the days until the 3rd Saturday in June, 2010!