My short weekend report

Roy

Here's my little report for this past weekend....September19 and 20th.

Picked up my first minnows of the season... I very seldom buy minnows. These were $9.04 for 2 dozen 3" to 4"...mighta been a coupla 5 inchers in there as well.

Went out on the Larry in search of walleye... schools all over the place on the sonar. It was lookin' good. It was lookin' good till the first hit. It was a smallie. It was smallies all night,not a single walleye. All were in the 2.5 to 3lb range. I was fishing alone so this is the best pic I was able to get. I really didn't feel like setting up the tripod cause I wasn't going to be out for more than an hour or two.

dinkbass.jpg

Last evening I went out again looking for walleye. I was in the same areas cause I was sure they were there. Well, this time the arches on the sonar were indeed walleye. This is an 8,000 watt unit for you naysayers. 20' to 24' of water and they were all over the column. I didn't take any pics cause they were mostly small in the 14" to 15" class. I had kept 3 of them to bring home when the bigger ones started hitting. Well, I know that this an unfortunate and uncomplimentary hold/pose but I know that you guys like pics. I kept that fish as well. It was 29"/30". I didn't take an accurate measurement of the fish. Pitch dark and even the running lights were not giving me a lot of light. After that pic was taken the batteries went dead and I had no spares. Wrestled with whether to post it or not but...what the h.

006-1-1.jpg

Every fish caught this weekend were fooled by GCD's jigs.... no plastics on them, just a minnow. These were all on the heaviest jig I got from him. What are they... 3/8th of an ounce? Any lighter and they wouldn't have worked so well in the current where I was.

Thanks for reading.

OMG! OMG!!! the cantankerous Old Fart went fishing!!!??? :w00t: ... :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Sounds like a great 2 night out on the water!

I'd have liked to have seen a pic of the 3 keepers, but I know you were prolly too tired when you got back home.

Good on you for getting out and even better for sharing with us!!! Thanks for taking the time to post that!!! :clapping:

... now about that camera... ;)

wow nice teeth on that one! must have been a nice fight!

Well it wasn't really. These things just feel like weight with a few head shakes. A 3lb bass delivers a much better fight than these walleyes that are 3-4 times their size.

Thanks Mike and Bernie.

Great report and pics Roy :thumbsup_anim:

Some serious teeth on the big one :w00t: Ya sure got rewarded big time for returning to the same spot!!!

Good on ya :clapping:

The Larry sounds like a great place..... it sure produces some quality fish!!!

Again great job Roy and thanks for sharing

Jacques

I like the picture of the walleye from that angle, shows the big teeth and gives a true idea of the size.

No wonder they are a top predator in the waters despite their poor fighting returns.

Congrats and thanks for report. :Gonefishing: