how to get rid of fish smell ????

skinny

I have one of those metal soap shaped things from Canadian tire that is made for taking off bad smells from hands. It works ok but not worth the price.

or

http://www.howtogetridofstuff.com/odor-rem...-of-fish-smell/

"Here are some tips to make washing more effective:

* Use antibacterial detergent. Ordinary detergent works fine, but it may not be able to kill the germs and bacteria that come with the slime, water, and fish odors. Use antibacterial detergent if it's available. If you don't have antibacterial detergent, add a bit of alcohol or hydrogen peroxide to your detergent to give it antibacterial properties.

* Keep the water running. Keeping the hot water tap turned on may sound like a waste of water, but it's more expensive to take your family and dinner guests to the hospital. As much as possible, use hot running water when you wash your hands and your cooking utensils to remove all the bacteria and the fishy smells.

* Sanitize your boards. Don't forget to sanitize your boards after you have prepared the fish. Cutting boards can still harbor nasty bacteria and odors no matter how well you clean them. A capful of ordinary household bleach works best for sanitizing your chopping boards. Don't forget to rinse your boards well before storing them.

Use Kitchen Ingredients

Some common ingredients from your kitchen can also help remove fish smells:

* Lemons. Lemons are not only great for cooking; they can also help remove the stinky fishy smell on your hands when you prepare fish. A couple of halves of lemons soaked in water make for a great way to rinse your hands after preparing fish. You can also use lemon wedges and lemon juice as an ingredient to help enhance the flavor of the fish, and remove unappealing odors and flavors while cooking it.

* Baking soda. Plain baking soda can help take away not only the slimy residue when you prepare fish, but can also help remove odors. It also helps to keep an open box of baking soda inside your refrigerator or freezer compartment if you store fresh fish. (For other baking soda uses, read 75 extraordinary uses for baking soda)

* Vinegar. Like lemons, vinegar is a great way to remove fishy smells from your hands when you handle or prepare fresh fish. Cane vinegar is OK, but it's best to use distilled white vinegar for washing your hands. You can also add vinegar to some fish dishes to remove the fishy odor and taste.

"

You can get a stainless bar at the dollar store just like the one CTC wants 8 bucks for. It works just as good I keep one in the trunk which I use before I use a bottle of hand sanitizer I keep there too. I had to start doing that because the interior of my car gets up to about 200F when the sun is out and having fish oil on the steering wheel when that happens is damn offensive LOL.

Edited by Canuck2fan

Use some good moisturizing soap and add just a touch of bleach and dilute it well in a bucket or sink of water. It all depends on how sensitive your hands are, but you don't need much bleach. It works every time for me and is the only thing that completely gets rid of that fish smell.

Edited by Jet