CARRA OUTDOORS-------CLOSED-----

DT10Sam

Hi Everyone,

I regretfully wish to inform everyone that I have closed Carra outdoor Sports and we will be auctioning off everything that is left in the store. We have tried to run a good business and the result of economic times and big box operations increasing their hunting and fishing supplies namely CT now carrying guns in the Belleville area it is not feasible for us to keep our doors open. The high cost of of doing business rent, insurance for a gun store etc. has made it difficult to continue. The price of the US dollar also effecting our operation where everyone can cross border shop or order from cross border and as a retailer we have no option but to go through Canadian distributors that adds their percentage on the products can make things very costly. We do not blame our customers for shopping cross border as they can get better deals then what we can get. As a result of this and many other factors we have decided not to continue.

I have lost my life savings in this business and just recently have accepted a position as an auditor for both on shore and off shore oil and gas wells. I have just returned from working the past 5 weeks in Australia and will be heading there again very shortly and then off to New Zealand. I will be posting from there as soon as my shark fishing trip is arranged. I work 6 months of the year and the other 6 months I will be working in my taxidermy shop that I am presently building. I will be post much later in Spring sometime when I get my taxidermy business back in full swing.

I would like to thank the many OFC'ers that have supported our store and I will now have some time to actually get out and fish more and it may be around the world and not just in my back yard at Quinte. I will still contribute in the very near future to some of the fund raisers that OFC'ers organize and with luck fish some of them providing that I am back in Canada.

Again many thanks to all of you that support Carra Outdoor Sports............you will not be forgotten, this is still the best forum around the fishing community.

Best regards,

Sam

Sam

Really sorry to hear that. I bought quite a bit of gear at your store and the staff were always top notch.

Going to miss the Kent loads this fall, your prices last fall were superb.

Goes to show what happens when local businesses are not supported. Sad, really.

I may just move a few purchases ahead by a month or two... if you are still open 'til Sept 12th?

Sorry to hear about the store but glad things are working out for you work wise .. must be tough being away from home for so long .. if I ever get that Quinte monster eye I will bring it by to get mounted whenever you get your taxidermy up and running (the way I catch walleye it is gonna take me some time :Gonefishing: )

That is the worst news Buddy.....I was planning to come see you soon as I will be in the market for a new Cross-bow and a shot-gun.September is too early for me,but please let me know if you have any remaining stock after Oct. 1st....Again Sam,very sorry to hear of the closure,but you're no quitter and new avenues can always lead to new adventures....TC buddy and tight lines....Chuck...

Sad news Sam... you always took the high road when things got a little dicey and I for one hold you in high regard. (We met very briefly at the Quinte GTG)

Folks are saying that we are out of this recession... but I think of it this way:

A recession is like getting kicked in the gut... it hurts for some time. Right now, the foot has left the gut, but the pain is still there. This to, shall change.

Good luck in your new endevour and please do post for where ever you are!

HH

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the kind words as this has been a tough pill to swallow. This auction is a public auction and I will take some pics this weekend of some of the products and will post them here that way some of you will have an idea what is available.

Kind regards,

Sam

As most have said Sam, one door closes, another door opens. You've always been a stand up, honest guy with us and so it pains us to see you biting the bullet.

Selfishly, I'm just hoping that I can get to see your taxidermy shop to get just a glimpse of your airbrushing skills.

Best of luck to you Sam. I know you'll do well.

I'm sorry to hear this news Sam! You have made lots of friends here on this board...and I really hope to see you still on here. Thanks so much for everything...I wont forget the great things you've done for me...and hope the taxidermy business does well for you when you get that up and running again.

Good luck in whatever you do...good things happen to good people...and you fit that bill.