Removing a fish hook.

TJQ

Thanks for the link, I think I'm going to print it and laminate it to keep in the boat. One time me and a buddy went fishing and within the first 100m into the troll he caught an eye and caught his thumb in the barb from the fish thrashing around. That was the shortest fishing outing ever.

Thanks for the link, I think I'm going to print it and laminate it to keep in the boat. One time me and a buddy went fishing and within the first 100m into the troll he caught an eye and caught his thumb in the barb from the fish thrashing around. That was the shortest fishing outing ever.

I had that happen with a largemouth bass.. This video was posted in my thread when I got my hook in the thumb. I tried pulling mine out myself, there was no way, it bloody well hurt man.

hookthumb.jpg

Ouch that was so hard to watch but thanks for posting that TJ.

I have another rule in my boat every fisherman must wear some form of eyewhere because there is no second chance when it comes to your eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was fishing with my daughter and her friend a couple years ago. Her friend was fighting a salmon boatside and the Jplug came out. Right between their 2 heads. A very narrow miss.

I guess it depends how far you are from a real doc. Ain't nooooway I'd let someone that don't have a degree rip a piece of metal out of any part of me with a barb on the other end. Push it through, cut it, and were done. What does the Canadian Medical Association have to say about this? Someone said earlier about wrapping it and seeking medical attention. I AGREE!! Depending on how deep that sucker is imbedded, you could do severe damage man!!

Not sure if you meant it as a joke, but it's not funny!!!

"Ok then...I'll do it...I just wandered about tendon damage."

Actually they cover all three methods, when I got mine in bad.. we cut it off and pushed it through.. LOL

My wife... and this is the gods honest truth.. told Jaden to go get the first aid kit... she came back with the bottle of scotch.. lol.. it hurt .. but that was funny right there.... we clipped the hook and pushed it through, doused the finger (and my liver) witnh the rest of the bottle, and I swear, the next morning you could barely tell anything happened...