Looking for some opinions on tow vehicles

lookinforwalleye

Morning gents I will be in the market for a tow vehicle in the next couple of weeks and was looking for some opinions and comments from the members on what they have and what they like or dislike about their trucks right now i am thinking Chev trailblazer or Nissan pathfinder.

I will be pulling about 2000 lbs

Alll opinions welcome.

I second that motion pigiontroller, I have a 2003 Xterra, it can trailer 5000Lbs looks way better than the pathfinder, and is one of the only vehicles that are truly suited for off road applications! It pulls my Fisher with a 90 Opti like its not even there, and the total package weight is around 3000lbs. Solid 3.3 litre V6, I would stay away from the supercharged version!!!! just my 2 cents (Figured I would finish the paragraph with a lame cliché)

thats unfair, you got to SET a price limit

I do have two GMC SAVANA'S one 04 gas one 06 diesel

One 03 GMC SIERREA 4BY4 Z71

One 04 CHEVY TAHOE 4BY4 Z71

All the gas motors are the same 5.3, thirsty but problem free

If money was no object the new TAHOE/ESCALADE

GO TEAM CHEVY!

Edited by crusty

buy what you like, but nissans will give you more issues down the road than the trailblazer, the xterra is nothing more than a reskinned pathfinder from 1996 or so (excact same chassis and running gear)

trailblazer has around 275hp pulls real good (unless you get the ss 400hp) and the 4200 i6 isn't to bad on fuel untill you start driving over 120k i also find them extremly comfortable.

In the end there all very similar, just buy what you want I have a 03 seirra z71 4800 v8 and cruising on the highway gets 20-22 mpg driving 110km/h or so of course drops to about 16 mpg when pulling a trailer and it'll pull up to 6700 lbs

when you say truck.... do you mean SUV or an actual truck??? if were talking real working trucks look at the Fords. yah yah I am not trying to start a brand war here.... but the Fords have the workhorse truck down pat...PS... Fords have more low end torque then any Chev product..... and who said dodge?? my god... thats like getting the fillet of fish from McDonalds and calling it Pickeral!

Gerritt.

I have been involved with nissans for many years and currentlyI have a Titan. I have found Nissans to be very dependable and over built. Nissan has been very active on fixing their issues when they occure The dealership that I bought from has been very happy to not only fix recalls but to also apply any bulletins that are present on my truck. With this said I don't think you want a Titan to tow 2000 with because it is rated for close to 10,000 lbs it has alot of motor and it does have a drinking problem. I would recomend any of the vehicles in the Nissans lineup they have put alot of money and effort in keeping ahead of the pack. Yes I have also owned all of the other major brands in a truck or a van configuration and they all have their advantages and disadvantages the Nissan is what fits ME.

Art

Myself wouldn't even look at a SUV.

A base full size extend cab 4x4 truck with a 6cyl in it

would make more sense.

You get a high tow capacity.

Fairly good gas mileage.

A heck of alot more room.

An cheaper insurance.

An of course a GMC. More pay load,higher tow capacity.more hp's, more torque.

And if you are into that sort of thing, Best gas mileage.

Also if you out grow the 6. Their is some very affordable up grades you can do.

Well I am not in the market yet for a truck but when I do it will be a pickup.Have you ever seen how much luggage space there is in these mid size SUV 's not much.A pickup with a kingcab will be my next purchase add a fiberglass cab and you have oodles of cargo space.For any one who uses a gas powered ice auger for fishing the unit goes in the pickup with the gas can.No smell of gas fumes inside where you drive.I currently have a minivan and it has more cargo space than most of those SUV's.Just my 6 cents(american toonie)LOL :canadian: MTP

You do mean a real TRUCK :thumbsup_anim: ,

Consider a full size Chev Silverado extended cab or crew cab with a 5.3.

Also the Ford F150 or F250 extended or crew cabs. Both vehicles ofer superb power,torque and comfort

Both have been making Pick up Trucks for decades and have worked the bugs out. They have been the backbone of farmers, contruction companies and the likes. These two can take a beating and keep on ticking.

Give the metrosexual pick ups from Toyota, Nissan and to some extend Dodge to the farmers and the construction companies and after 160,000 km or 100,000 miles see how they have lasted.

John

I have a 2005 Pathfinder. My 1st requirement was as a tow vehice. It tows like a dream. You can't beat it's utility. It is the same but shorter frame of the Titan. I've had it with Ford & GM lots of lip service about quality but the worst customer service and failure to stand behind products. I had 9 new vehciles over 12 years mostly GM and will never go back....

E.g I was getting 50K km wear on GM brakes. I have 75K KM and my Pathfinder brakes still have 60% life! No product is perfect but the big 3 still not there...

BTW: did you know it costs you aprox $1,500 for GM pension fund if you buy a new GM? So if the product is competivley priced that means GM has to compensate else where like quality & customer service.