took a trip to Advance Taxidermy today

Handlebarz

As some here may know my father has been fighting cancer on and off since 2005 the last round has been hard on him as it is in his lungs and liver.He decided that our may 24 trip of 2007 would be our last as he does not want to leave my mother at home (as I tell the wife she just has to wait 34 more years and i will do the same ;) I think her response was I hope not LOL) Anyway we have always had goals for getting fish mounted Pike 40+" musky 45" that was broken with my first ever and still no mount even with a few 50+ under the belt one day I will have one with the best memory to go with the mount( actually think I do its a 49X24 that I caught when fishing with my daughter). What I am getting at is during our last trip dad boated a fat 27 1/2" walleye it was not his biggest that was just over 28" but this one has alot of meaning to us both as it was our last may 24 trip and yet another big one that we let go. So This year when I was at the Muskies Canada Odyssey I was talking to James from Advance and I told him I was sending a picture that week to have this fish done at the time dad was not given alot of time and we were waiting for his last cat scan it was not great so Advance got this beauty done for me and I just had to share it with everyone here sorry the pictures dont do the work justice as always but it sure does look amazing even when it was on there wall beside a mount of a 18lbs one. I must add that since April dad has had another cat scan and they found that three of the toomers shrunk 30% that was the first time he had this news last week he had another one done and he finds out how it went on the 9th of Sept. This post is not to drag anyone down but to show off dads trophy that he does not know was even done for him Oh yeah he still has that picture in his van and shows it off to his friends dad has alot of pictures all of me and my family but that is the only one of him self that he shows to all that want to see.

http://www.advancedtaxidermy.com/

Here are a few pics from today thanks again to the fine staff over there.

IMG_6006.jpg

IMG_6018.jpg

IMG_6017.jpg

IMG_6016.jpg

IMG_6025.jpg

Am I the only one that likes skin mounts over reproductions? Seems like people over paint the fish for whatever reason.

My oldman had some fish done by Larry's Taxidermy in Bobcaygeon and they look absolutely as good as they did the day he picked them up 20 years ago.

That's great Mike. I understand the meaning behind it and they did a fantastic job. I think we talked about this at St. Clair as my father is going through the same thing right now. His has also spread to his liver and now his kidney too. Very sad to see my big strong father get weaker and weaker trying to fight this off, as I'm sure you feel the same way. Keep strong my friend and if you ever want to talk, shoot me a PM and we'll make contact okay.

Joey

You're not alone BillM.. I personaly think the skin mounts look a whole lot better.. I have a 18 lbs Pike done by Markham Taxidermy back in 1989 and and a 13 lbs Walleye done by Brains near Orillia in 2000 and they both look just as good today as they did when I picked them up... I'll agree with the over painting...

Tiz

what a memory.....

Prayers for you and yours.

In times like these, it was suggested to me to use this prayer:

Prayer Of St.Francis

"Lord make me a channel of thy peace -- that where there is hatred, I may bring love -- that where there is wrong, I may bring the spirit of forgiveness -- that where there is discord, I may bring harmony -- that where there is error, I may bring truth -- that where there is doubt, I may bring faith -- that where there is despair, I may bring hope -- that where there are shadows, I may bring light -- that where there is sadness, I may bring joy.

Lord, grant that I may seek rather to comfort than to be comforted -- to understand, than to be understood -- to love, than to be loved.

For it is by self-forgetting that one finds. It is by forgiving that one is forgiven. It is by dying that one awakens to Eternal Life...

AMEN

I too love the skin mount we have two of them and both are memories that dad and I shared if we had caught a 30" walleye there would have been a skin mount of it for sure but there was no way we were keeping a 27" for the wall if you were to see the fish up close I know you would be in awe as it is amazing also.

Thanks everyone and Joey yes I remember talking that weekend sorry to here of the spread this cancer crap really sucks for sure.

here is a pic of the back of my daughters shirt at the relay for life here in our town she made the news and was asked about the shirt.

IMG_4187.jpg

this is the back of the wife's shirt she did a memory for which people could donate $2 per name on her shirt that money went to the other money they raised for the fight against cancer.

IMG_4182.jpg