Who spent the most at the show?

drufis

Hello All

Just got back from the fishing show. It was nice to look at all the boats and just be around fishing on a cold day like today.

I was actually good and got out not spending any money and picked up a free hat. But my brother in law did not have the same self control! $350 later he walked out with two reels and rod.

Hope everyone had a good time.

I spent 0$ and left with 2 Spro lures, $30!!!

I'm not a thief.

The sales rep gave them to me after I told them how much I love their product but that I keep breaking them.

Visit the Spro folks. They have great product and are obviously a class act.

Spiel I agree!!!.... I might spend a couple at the "garden".... I go more for the fact I see what is new and up n' coming i might even have a slice of pizza.... but I do enjoy the seminars and just being there with a bunch of people that are like minded and looking around.... I honestly think if you are going there just for a deal of a lifetime.... you will be disappointed! these firms are paying for the square footage, and the rest of the associated costs... and need to make money to pay for it all.... not to mention at the same time they are paying for their stores...

I hope that everyone here enjoys the show though!! even if you are just poking around

Gerritt.

I'm planning on spending on 12.00 to get my nephew in since Gary V was nice enough to give me the ticket he won. but you know what they say about the best laid plans ;)

I do expect to pay more for wings after though, that boy of mine sure does like to eat :D

Maureen

Spent $8.00 at Fishing World on a Chatter Bait to replace the one I lost last year.... and of course one of their beauty hats for $2.99.

Had the pleasure of talking to Lew, Deg and Ruth for a bit.

Saw Pikeie fly by.

Saw a few of my BPS buddies.

Had a good chat with Dave Mercer, a real CLASS act.

Stopped at the Memquisit booth to give them our deposit for the our fall trip to Nipissing and had a good chat with them

I really don't expect to get spectacular deals, I just really enjoy chatting it up with people, doing some fact finding (this year was investigating new motors) and a night out with the guys. Starts to get the blood flowing again. Only a little more than 120 days till Lakair!

Edited by BPSBASSMAN

I had an excellent day at the show !!

It's not what it used to be, but was a great way to spend a cold winter day and have a look at alot of the new products on the market.

I was there about 5 1/2 hours but spent most of the time yakking with all the OFNers that were there, plus several of the vendors that I know.

I didn't intend on buying much but picked up 2 baits from JB's that I wanted for $45 and that was it.

Yup, it was a great way to spend a day :thumbsup_anim:

Had a great day at the show with the wife....

I think we walked out of there a hundred bucks lighter, She got a new Rapala rod and reel and I picked up a few packs of plastic worms... All in all a good show, met a few OFC`rs and got to meet Darryl Chronzey in the beer tent..

Was fun, thanks TJ for the tickets

Doug

$425 (no tax Le Baron booth) for a Mustand Integrity Floater

$30 for a ice fishing sled

$32 for a Left side Off Shore planer board

$4 Slice of pizza

No super deals, but needed all that stuff and was nice to spread $ around instead of my regular monthly payments to BPS. Good time.

lol tinbanger said he saw an ofner fly past us lol, guess it was u lol. also met up with motorhead, and bigal :D

fenwick hmg 7'6 flippin stick- $129

quantum ac500cx-$119

chatterbait x2- $16

lots of plastics from bass magnet lures- $30

smithwick rouge x2- $8

northhanfishing spinnerbaits- $10

=$312 +/-

Edited by pikeie

Ugh, pay day just had to hit the day before I go to the show. Tomorrows gonna be an ugly day isn't it? If you see a guy that looks like this picture on the left only with drool and a slightly rabid look to him and has his credit card taped to his forehead do me a favour and block the path to the next booth please. :P

I went on Thursday picked up two Eagle fishfinders the ds245 and ds250 at Lebarons for $131 and $181 , they have the no tax sale.

At Fishing World I pick up some of the new Reaction Innovation flipping hooks, they are made by Gamakatsu and have welded eyes, I found with power pro my line would slip thru the eye once in a while and I would loose fish, these hooks eliminate this from happening(great product). also picked up some Evolution Jigs at Fishing World , that are designed to sit on the bottom with the hook facing up.

I also watched some seminars, and thought Barry Pringle and Mike Desforges did a good presentation and gave lots of good advice.

I ended up dropping about $80 or so. 300yds of 50lb PowerPro, a couple of Strike King Spinners, a Dick Pearson Grinder Musky Bait, a Storm soft bait, and a couple of the metal sparking fire starters. It was interesting watching Italo up on the stage. The guy is sooo smooth, he's been at it a long time. Gord Pyzer and Big Jim were great talking about musky and Mercer was fantastic to watch as well. An afternoon well spent.