Great fishing weekend...and it's not over yet!

ccmtcanada

This weekend started a bit early. My wife had half a day off, my little one was off on a PA day, so I played a little hooky and went home at lunch. Our plan was to hit Lake Scugog and fish from mid afternoon til just before sunset. With dinner packed and the boat ready to go, we hit the road and launched around 4pm.

It was a little windy, but not too bad. We headed for a big weedline that is about perfect this time of year in the area we were fishing. It wasn't long before we started hitting some fish...

Some perch...

04perch.jpg

02syd.jpg

Crappie...

carolecrappie.jpg

WGSF...

05rockbass.jpg

And I managed my first walleye from that lake!!

cliffwalleye-2.jpg

We were having a great time out there...we fished until about 830 in the evening...

01singing.jpg

03fishing.jpg

PART TWO...

This morning, Bly had to head up north to see our oldest daughter at her camp, so it was just me and Sydney. I asked her what she wanted to do and she said "FISH AGAIN!!!" So....pack up a few things for lunch and off we went to a local conservation that has a pond with some stocked panfish.

We were not there long and she started catching.

01syd-1.jpg

02syd-1.jpg

After a bit of lunch we went for a walk by a nearby stream. She wanted to walk into the water, so I said "Sure...but dont let it go over your boots".

03syd.jpg

After doing that for a bit, she said "Daddy...can I go further into the water??". I figured, what the heck...go for it!

04syd.jpg

She then says "LOOK DADDY!!! FISH!!! I WANNA FISH AGAIN!!!"

05syd.jpg

I rigged up a makeshift float setup, showed her what to do and she says "Ok...got it...looks easy". LOL. Not too long after that she catches her first trout...I didn't tell her to pose this way...she said "I wanna look like the others on your fishing site...wait...let me get in the water too" LOL

07syd.jpg

One more fish from the creek and we were ready to head home...

08syd-1.jpg

It's been a GREAT two days so far....Bly and I are headed muskie fishing tomorrow morning. Weather going to be cooler and rainy, but we wont care...hope to report some success tomorrow!

I rigged up a makeshift float setup, showed her what to do and she says "Ok...got it...looks easy". LOL. Not too long after that she catches her first trout...I didn't tell her to pose this way...she said "I wanna look like the others on your fishing site...wait...let me get in the water too" LOL

07syd.jpg

Tell her at first I thought it was just Solo - and he'd gotten about 40000 degrees cuter.

JF

There's absolutely zero response to that. :lol:

Great stuff Cliff, good luck on the musky hunt!

You really don't want an old fart like me saying yer cute, do ya? That would be several degrees past total weirdness. I draw the line at saying yer a helluva fisherman, and I'd really like to get to spend some time on the water with you, but cute you ain't. Your wife may see it differently, hopefully. My mom thinks I'm cute. My wife says "eeeehhhh" as she waggles her fingers, but deep down I think she really does. Of course I've had 40 odd years (and some of them were really kinda odd) to sell her on the concept. Now she just seems to tolerate me.

JF

07syd.jpg

I got a great chuckle out of that pic Cliff!!! :w00t::thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: ... another one "suitable for framing"!!!

When are you going to let Sydney start fishing for a little bit bigger fish?... maybe some Bass when the season opens?

Thanks for posting that, I always enjoy your family fishing reports!!! :clapping:

07syd.jpg

I got a great chuckle out of that pic Cliff!!! :w00t::thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: ... another one "suitable for framing"!!!

When are you going to let Sydney start fishing for a little bit bigger fish?... maybe some Bass when the season opens?

Thanks for posting that, I always enjoy your family fishing reports!!! :clapping:

Cliff's just worried about the whoopin that his little girl is gonna lay on him :w00t:

That Sydney looks to be quite the animated young rascal. I enjoy your family reports. They allow me to vicariously relive some of my own fond memories of my kids. Thank you.

I think I seen you two today on my way out from fishing! I said hi because I recognized you two from here but you were busy on your cell phone and I don't think you really notice lol. Any ways hope you two had a great day!

Sorry about that! If you were at Heber Down, then it was probably us.

Thanks everyone...it's been a few great days...

Bly and I are headed out within the hour to look for some muskie on Scugog...hope they are biting!