Congratulations Ontario

holdfast

Heard on the Radio that you recieved your first check of 24 from the Feds for being a have not Province. Spend it wisely because I still have family in Ottawa.

Well I guess it is our turn to finally get some rather than give some. Doesn't make up for the past 100 years of Ontario paying for most other provinces but at least it is a start.

Heard on the Radio that you recieved your first check of 24 from the Feds for being a have not Province. Spend it wisely because I still have family in Ottawa.

WHY YOU HAVE TO PUSH THE ENVELOPE??? I'm callin' you on this one. How long ago were you an Ontarioan? 2 - 3 years? Is this you or Jack talkin?

WHY YOU HAVE TO PUSH THE ENVELOPE??? I'm callin' you on this one

THIS COULD BE GOOD FOR SAY, 12 ROUNDS.

hometownhandyman ,Im not all knowing, but have read enough of your threads to realize that, you know what you are talking about.

Fair game ALL.

WHY YOU HAVE TO PUSH THE ENVELOPE??? I'm callin' you on this one. How long ago were you an Ontarioan? 2 - 3 years? Is this you or Jack talkin?

I might have called him in a thread that I made but it quickly got shut down and deleted. Quite fairly I might add.

Yup Albert, unreal. Ontario once the mightest province. Who would think that after all these years it ended up like this. Ontario has a special place in my heart. 15 years and great fishing. I may still may retire in the Petawawa Area though

Anyone noticed way more speed traps lately? As in, WAY more?

OH YEAH!!! like every other day i see them! tons of traps out lately... haven't been on the highway much lately, but on smaller streets (especially 80km zones that turn into 60km zones)... they are there!!!

Canada's population- over 33 million

Ontario population- 11 plus million

(someone else can look-up the exact #'s)

That is pretty close to 1/3 or 33% of the people. That is a lot of tax dollars.... Have, or have not.

A country, a company or a family is only as strong as it's poorest, laziest or weakest member.

Not just speed traps, but damn sneaky cheating speed traps in wide open transition zones.

Unmarked cars are just getting silly, SUV's, minivans and now Crown Vics done up like taxis.

Just not sporting.

PigTaxi.jpg

Ohhh that's just dirty!!

How bad is it when you have to make you cop car look like a cab so you can give out few tickets.

I remember few years ago there were couple supt up cars that cops would drive around and nail street racers, cant blame them for that really but the cab trick is just dirty lol

PigTaxi.jpg

Hey! That's not a bad idea. As long as the LEO's are just cruising around establishing a visual presence, clocking speeders, and burning gas, why not pick up a little gas money from folks needing a ride?

JF

Ohhh that's just dirty!!

How bad is it when you have to make you cop car look like a cab so you can give out few tickets.

I remember few years ago there were couple supt up cars that cops would drive around and nail street racers, cant blame them for that really but the cab trick is just dirty lol

When I lived out west the cops used to have ski racks with skis in them on top of their cars?

As for checks? I haven't seen one. Must be one of the three lies, I love you, the checks in the mail, and I won't c.... can't repeat here.

and here I thought CANADA meant the whole country...apparently some people think there is an imaginary line somewhere around Winnipeg, and another around Ottawa.

Sorry to burst yer bubble, my friend, but you will learn that there are all kinds of lines drawn in our society. Perhaps (hopefully) your generation will be the one to wipe them out and bring about the world we idealized in the 60's and 70's, the one all about flower power, peace and love. I don't mean that to sound particularly profound, or naive. It's just that throughout my life I've constantly run into real and imagined boundaries and lines my friends and I are not to cross, that divide Canucks from other Canucks, or Canucks from Americans, etc. The funny (and I use the word loosely) thing is that when we're able to forget the boundaries of race, class and income we all have a lot more fun. Despite that it seems that just when I start to thinking I've transcended all those lousy boundaries I discover that I'm still a closet bigot in some subtle or peculiar way. I see major improvements in my son over me in that respect so I hope it means that for all the big talk from us old farts, you young guns are getting it righter (more right?).

JF

When I lived out west the cops used to have ski racks with skis in them on top of their cars?

As for checks? I haven't seen one. Must be one of the three lies, I love you, the checks in the mail, and I won't c.... can't repeat here.

You forgot "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you!"