Most You've Ever Spent

ADB

I was working yesterday and I witnessed a customer spend over $1500 on two rods and two reels.

It got me thinking. To me, that was a big purchase, although I'm sure to some of you it would not have seemed like such a big deal when you consider fish finders, or even boats.

My questions is, what's the most any of you have spent in one day on your fishing stuff at Bass Pro, Le Baron, etc.?

The most I've ever dropped in one purchase was probably around $350, although that has happened numerous, numerous times lol.

Edited by ADB

I'd say that there are usually one or two $200-$300 trips a year. Depends on what I need and who has got me into some other type of fishing. Headhunter got me into the planer board fishing for walleye a couple of years ago. Dropped over a $1000 the following fall on planer boards, rods, linecounter reels, leadcore, baits, rod holders etc. etc etc. :o:o:o Last year wasn't too bad when Cliff and Carole got me into carp fishing. :D This year a new gps, 3 batteries, a trip to bass pro and i'm already over a $1000 and haven't even put gas in the boat. :o:o:o. For a one time purchase it would be when I bought the boat. That purchase, if not made, could have saved me thousands in future purchases. :lol: Other then the boat it would be about $700 for a single trip. Thanks for the reminder. :glare::)

I used to make an early spring run up BPS, Cabela`s, in Michigan and Jann`s Netcraft in Toledo, usually dropped 250-300 a trip, but had me pretty much set for the year. A flea market a mile from the house so lots of deals, but a forty year collection.

Plus I collected and traded some older reels for a time. Looked around at the end of the season for clearance sales.

Other stuff like electric trolling motors I don`t count as gear.

$1825 at Angling Specialties in mid October 1999. I quit smoking on October 11 1998. I would put $5(a pack of smokes was about $5 back then) each day into a jar. One year later I had $1825. I went Angling Specialties in Scarborough and I bought, an offset AngSpec float reel, 13 ft IMX float rod blank, corks and reel seat and guides, Lamson fly reel, 10 ft Lamiglass fly rod blank, reel seat and a bunch of hooks and fly tying materials. George gave me a discount so that the total was exactly $1825.

I was very proud of myself for that. I would have smoked it all away. Haven't smoked since. I've never spent that much at one time since.

muddler

$1825 at Angling Specialties in mid October 1999. I quit smoking on October 11 1998. I would put $5(a pack of smokes was about $5 back then) each day into a jar. One year later I had $1825. I went Angling Specialties in Scarborough and I bought, an offset AngSpec float reel, 13 ft IMX float rod blank, corks and reel seat and guides, Lamson fly reel, 10 ft Lamiglass fly rod blank, reel seat and a bunch of hooks and fly tying materials. George gave me a discount so that the total was exactly $1825.

I was very proud of myself for that. I would have smoked it all away. Haven't smoked since. I've never spent that much at one time since.

muddler

Great story! Want to buy tackle now? Try giving up the Timmies, that will free up 30.00/month for most people.

Love that story, congratulations.

Jim