Introduction

beckycprw

Hi there, my name is Becky. I’m new to the board and fishing. I’m sure you all know Alex, Carole, and Cliff. I am Alex’s girlfriend and we have a 13 month old daughter together, Peyton. I work from home as a Professional Resume Writer. I am also into photography. I have a nine year old as well, Abby. Here are my two daughters.

abbyandpeyton.jpg

I figured if I’m going to be a part of the family, I better learn how to fish. I went as a young child with my father, and those are some of my best childhood memories. Today was my first day out on the river with Alex and Peyton. The weather was perfect for an afternoon of fishing, so when Alex called me I just had to give it a shot.

After a couple of hours of watching him playing with his four lines and this creative contraption my crafty boyfriend put together (shown below), I decided to try to cast. Since I’m a lefty, it made things a little more difficult but Alex quickly switched around the reel so that it was correct.

Alexfishing1.jpg

After a few attempts at nearly snagging my line on his truck, I actually let out a great cast. Nobody was harmed and the line seemed to travel at a fairly decent distance. I was very pleased with my efforts. Alex didn’t catch a thing, and I have never heard him curse as much as he did when his line got snagged for the 18th time. Here's a picture of Peyton crying because her daddy didn't catch anything.

PEYTONCRYING.jpg

She decided to take things in her own hands.

PEYTONFISHING.jpg

Finally, much to my excitement my pole started to move and there it was. I caught a beauty of a catfish. After nearly slicing my hand open several times, I was able to hold it and pose for a picture. (Below)

BeckyFish1.jpg

I must say, I enjoy this a lot more than I thought I would.

Awesome and welcome to the board....It's about time!! Glad to see that you got my niece in on the action also :clapping: Love the pictures!!! At least your first picture on the board is bigger than Alex's :P:w00t:

Edited by bly

Great report and pics Becky!!! :thumbsup_anim: and congratulations on the very respectable Catfish!!! :clapping::Gonefishing: and Welcome to the board!!!

Hey Alex! It looks like your sis have been giving Becky fish magnet lessons over the phone or something!!! :w00t: ... and I like your rocket launcher style rod holder!!! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Good Luck to y'all on your next trip!!!

Nice Cat there Becky and welcome to the board. As for the nail color judging from the pic, just ask Bly which color that Cliff was using for the day :lol::w00t:

OK I have to ask, was Peyton crying cause dad wasn't catching anything or cause she knew he was doing it all wrong and had to show him :lol::P

Edited by smokin joe

Nice Cat there Becky and welcome to the board. As for the nail color judging from the pic, just ask Bly which color that Cliff was using for the day :lol::w00t:

OK I have to ask, was Peyton crying cause dad wasn't catching anything or cause she knew he was doing it all wrong and had to show him :lol::P

Cliff mentioned using Florescent Pink next time he was out.

Edited by BeckyNJ

Cliff mentioned using Florescent Pink next time he was out.

Hey now!!! I was talking about roe bags....jeez!!

Great report Becky and congrats on that catfish!!!! Don't worry Alex...I'm sure next time you can catch another beauty like this one...

gallery_60_23_39703.jpg