Nipissing Report Jan 31st

trapshooter

Hey Gang,

Got out the south shore of Nipissing yesterday chasing walleye with my buddy Joe. We got a day hut through Idle Tyme Fishing camp and they were great hosts. :thumbsup_anim: Our hut was in 32 ft of water and produced fish throughout the day. We had a real peak in the fishing around 10 am and landed some nice fish. Jigging was king and set lines didn't produce, a real theme I've found on Nipissing this winter. :dunno:

Joe with a nice one just under the slot.

dscn1018yq5.jpg

A slot fish here for me shortly after.

dscn1025hj4.jpg

Joe got this slot fish on a dropper rig with just a minnow head on a small hook.

dscn1031ol5.jpg

Picked up a few perch as well and some good eater sized walleye. Did a quick release at the hole :P on another nice slot sized walleye right at the end of the day.

Perch.

dscn1020sy1.jpg

Great day and a nice haul for a fry.

dscn1053nf0.jpg

If anyone is a photoshop wiz I'd really love it if the date could disappear off that last pic! (I could send you an original too!?!)

With the snow storm up here today we hit Trout Lake for a few hrs since it's right in our back yard. We were looking for more walleye and picked a nice island piont and covered some water. Only caught a couple small OOS Lakers and lost a monster fish. This thing spooled me then broke my line! :blink::blink: Something I'll never forget.

Cheers,

ben.

Nice fish! Sounds like a good time.....and looks balmy by the way your dressed

We fished in the hut most of the day since it kept producing fish and we'd just jump outside into the light for a quick pic. That's another thing about Idle Tyme.... awesome huts. Huge, comfortable and a nice wood stove to keep you warm.

Great REport ! im heading to the south shore this afternoon !! you got me all excited :)

How were the snow conditions ? im thinking of bringing my atv with me just incase the action gets slow in the hut

Well we just got about a foot or more in the last 36 hrs up here. Light fluffy stuff though.

Right on Ben. :thumbsup_anim: ..Good for you. Nice fish. Jigging always seems to work best here. Im at the cottage right now but will be too busy keeping my road clear of snow to fish today. Maybe on Sunday if i get all my work done. Hopefully get my boathouse moved next couple days

too bad I had classes all that day.. but the fish fry sure was delicious that night!!!

I like to stay inside the hut, I'm a bit of a wimp that way

img2347jq6.jpg

I got out with Trapshooter and IceWalker yesterday but sadly didn't catch a thing. I'm starting to wonder if this thing you call ice fishing is a hoax.