GMC commercial,def NF

2 tone z71

now ive always been a BIG GM truck fan,but kicking back tonight watchin tv I had the pleasure of viewing one of there new commercials ,hmmm they wanna sell me a 45K truck for half,incl 2 yrs Onstar,2yrs Sat radio ,extend the warranty to 4 yrs ,and there BROKE,got me thinking what the hell could they have offered me when they where rolling in money,oh yeah the offered me a 52K truck for the sticker price included nothing not even a free oil change and a 1150 month lease payment ,I hope Bankruptcy is in your near future

Cry me a river while playing on your mini violin. They have to cut the prices and up the perks to get people to buy. Same as anything , sell it cheaper and you will sell more. Maybe your bitter that your truck is alot cheaper now ? :jerry:

Here Richy!

boohoo.gif

They'd sell more Darrell if they'd add to their Advert.. "Warrantee period insured third party thru Lloyds of London".... Many won't buy for fear they're not there toilet_claw.gif next week to honour the warrantee work.

Edited by irishfield

I heard the president of Ford of Canada on the radio today, dude made sense!

He said that bailing out GM and or Chrysler in not the way to make them viable... his thought was to make money more available to the public and provide incentives to the consumer, to get them into show rooms and ultimately, buying again.

Sure make more sense to me than simply dropping money into the problem!

HH

I heard the president of Ford of Canada on the radio today, dude made sense!

He said that bailing out GM and or Chrysler in not the way to make them viable... his thought was to make money more available to the public and provide incentives to the consumer, to get them into show rooms and ultimately, buying again.

Sure make more sense to me than simply dropping money into the problem!

HH

Providing incentives to the consumer may make them buy, but it will be short term stimulation. The same fundamental problems will exist with the automakers.

Oh, I agree with you John, it's not the end all, be all answer, but it sure does seem to me to be a better option than just throwing money at them!

I would suggest that government based incentives would help to create a chain reaction in the economy, from parts to final assembly, which in turn, will trickle down through the economy. Couple that with consessions from the workers and there might be something there! :dunno:

At any rate, I don't think GM is savable at this point. The CAW negoiated a $6-7/hour decrease for it's membership, while GM asked for $25! Still costing the company about $75../hr per employee! (including benefits etc...)

HH

Our country was built on the premise that your business worked or it didn't. In the past if your company failed that was it.

Our history has a past of many failed corporations. Why bail them out now??????????? Seriously!!

They don't want to make concessions on the part of the unions or the big cheeses. Ridiculous!

Put the money into a business that wants to succeed if they feel it is necessary to stimulate the economy.

Power by the big corporation called GM still has a lot of pull. ........................Time to end it.

Our country was built on the premise that your business worked or it didn't. In the past if your company failed that was it.

Our history has a past of many failed corporations. Why bail them out now??????????? Seriously!!

They don't want to make concessions on the part of the unions or the big cheeses. Ridiculous!

Put the money into a business that wants to succeed if they feel it is necessary to stimulate the economy.

Power by the big corporation called GM still has a lot of pull. ........................Time to end it.

Amen brother!

Why is the automotive industry so special?

I lost my job 3 weeks ago because the company I was working for went under...I don't see anyone bailing us out!

I guess everyone is just ticked because they are used to being spoiled/pampered.

Welcome to the real world folks!

INTERESTING HISTORY LESSON

Railroad tracks. This is fascinating.

Be sure to read the final paragraph; your understanding of it will depend on the earlier part of the content.

The US standard railroad gauge (distance between the rails) is 4 feet, 8.5 inches. That's an exceedingly odd number.

Why was that gauge used? Because that's the way they built them in England, and English expatriates built the US railroads.

Why did the English build them like that? Because the first rail lines were built by the same people who built the pre-railroad tramways, and that's the gauge they used.

Why did 'they' use that gauge then? Because the people who built the tramways used the same jigs and tools that they use d for building wagons, which used that wheel spacing.

Why did the wagons have that particular odd wheel spacing? Well, if they tried to use any other spacing, the wagon wheels would break on some of the old, long distance roads in England, because that's the spacing of the wheel ruts.

So who built those old rutted roads? Imperial Romebuilt the first long distance roads in Europe (and England) for their legions. The roads have been used ever since.

And the ruts in the roads? Roman war chariots formed the initial ruts, which everyone else had to match for fear of destroying their wagon wheels. Since the chariots were made for Imperial Rome, they were all alike in the matter of wheel spacing. Therefore the United States standard railroad gauge of 4 feet, 8.5 inches is derived from the original specifications for an Imperial Roman war chariot. Bureaucracies live forever.

So the next time you are handed a specification/procedure/process and wonder 'What horse's ass came up with it?', you may be exactly right. Imperial Roman army chariots were made just wide enough to accommodate the r ear ends of two war horses. (Two horse's asses.) Now, the twist to the story:

When you see a Space Shuttle sitting on its launch pad, there are two big booster rockets attached to the sides of the main fuel tank. These are solid rocket boosters, or SRB's. The SRB's are made by Thiokol at their factory in Utah . The

engineers who designed the SRB's would have preferred to make them a bit fatter, but the SRB's had to be shipped by train from the factory to the launch site. The railroad line from the factory happens to run through a tunnel in the mountains, and the SRB's had to fit through that tunnel. The tunnel is slightly wider than the railroad track, and the railroad track, as you now know, is about as wide as two horses' behinds.

So, a major Space Shuttle design feature of what is arguably the world's most advanced transportation system was determined over two thousand years ago by the width of a horse's ass. And you thought being a horse's ass wasn't important? Ancient horse's asses control almost everything... and

CURRENT Horses Asses are controlling everything else.

Edited by Bernie

And you thought being a horse's ass wasn't important? Ancient horse's asses control almost everything... and

CURRENT Horses Asses are controlling everything else.

Thanks for that. I was having a somewhat ego deflating day, but you just made me feel a lot more important. :D

JF

Oh, I agree with you John, it's not the end all, be all answer, but it sure does seem to me to be a better option than just throwing money at them!

I would suggest that government based incentives would help to create a chain reaction in the economy, from parts to final assembly, which in turn, will trickle down through the economy. Couple that with consessions from the workers and there might be something there! :dunno:

At any rate, I don't think GM is savable at this point. The CAW negoiated a $6-7/hour decrease for it's membership, while GM asked for $25! Still costing the company about $75../hr per employee! (including benefits etc...)

HH

I agree too that they are probably going to end up in bankruptcy protection. Where did the $6-7/hour come from? I was under the impression that the only thing they got was a freeze on wages and pensions until 2012. If there was some concession, I must have missed it.

That's because you live in the US where everything is cheap!

But don't forget you have your "FREE" health care. :rolleyes:

Stoty I kind of agree with you that bailing them out isn't the right thing to do. BUT there are WAY too many other business that depend on the auto industry, too many to even count like glass manufactures, tires, plastics, electric components to dealerships (or should i say STEALERSHIPS). The list goes on and on. IF the auto industry fails that snowball would be so big it couldn't be stopped. If the small place you and I work at fail maybe a few hundred workers are out of work and well that's that. But if the auto industry snowball got going there would be MILLIONS out of work within a month.

Funny thing.I was reading the paper today and seen ALL the ads for all the dealers that still like to pay for advert.

First was Ford and they seem to be dropping thier price,s.Ya know 12,500 for a RANGER,16,000 for the F150.

Then I see the GM ad vert.WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?????????????????They have yet come to thier sences.They still want 35 G,s for thier pick up.

Oh and dont get me started on this, no pay raise over 5 years thing.

Ford has the right mind in all this.

Funny thing.I was reading the paper today and seen ALL the ads for all the dealers that still like to pay for advert.

First was Ford and they seem to be dropping thier price,s.Ya know 12,500 for a RANGER,16,000 for the F150.

Then I see the GM ad vert.WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?????????????????They have yet come to thier sences.They still want 35 G,s for thier pick up.

Oh and dont get me started on this, no pay raise over 5 years thing.

Ford has the right mind in all this.

thats right ,thats why I went with the Ford Supercrew this time ,and have decided my next truck will be Ford as well,somebody can start GMs snowball effect anytime , bye bye GM