It's Alive - 12" inch Perch

Leecher

When I got back yesterday afternoon from our outing I immediately dumped the fish into the kitchen sinc and added cold water to thaw them out before filleting them..... to my surprise my PB perch was moving and coming back to life :w00t:

I caught it around 9:45am yesterday and was stuffed into a plastic bag until I arrived around 4:15pm, so 7.5 hours later..... just can't believe it :w00t: This has happened 3 times to me so far. Here is a little video of it

12" PB Perch

Enjoy!!

Leechman

Edited by Leechman

That's pretty cool LM, didn't see the video, my pute is a little slow :blush: but have heard of perch coming to life after being frozen for hrs before. As bigug says the fish just go to sleep on the ice and our bud Bill was telling me how his perch "came alive" again one time and it probably happens alot.

:blink:

Now if you had a fish tank could you put it in to keep feeding to get bigger? After all, it was frozen for a long time so you didn't transport a live fish...

*edit* By the way, the 2 I kept last week were still trying to breath on the ice after 3+ hours and I was like what the?!?!?!

Edited by GBW

Now if you had a fish tank could you put it in to keep feeding to get bigger? After all, it was frozen for a long time so you didn't transport a live fish...

*edit* By the way, the 2 I kept last week were still trying to breath on the ice after 3+ hours and I was like what the?!?!?!

GBW funny you mention the tank, I have a 25 gal and that thought cross my mind but just wasn't sure if it was legal to keep a fish that was caught in our waters and also my poor tropical fish that I have would of ended being her dinner :lol:

My daugther took the video and she just could not believe that it was still swimming around in the tub when I got home :w00t:

Yes Jacques I have seen that a few times throw the perch on the ice frozen solid bring them home put em in the sink and some come back to life.

So how long have you been feeding that one Poutine cheese :whistling:

Mike not poutine but I think it was sardines LOL

Man, would you guys/gals please start killing them when they come out of the water if you are going to keep them, cant be any fun dying slowly.....

Sorry Dano if it offended you, this was not what I wanted to share.... How can I put it so you understand... the perch was caught and put aside on ice for a while until we decided to leave. Temp was at -12C and with the wind shield -16C. When time came to leave, it was put into a plastic bag with 4 more fish, by that time it was frozen solid. We drove to another lake, fished and return home only to find it coming back to life after I had put it into the kitchen sinc and under very cold running water.

To me this fish was dead and just can't believe that it came back to life.

Again sorry if that offended you

Leechman

Amazing! :w00t:

Did you have the heart to eat this one after all that? I think I would have 2nd thoughts about it. Although I know you aren't legally allowed to transport or release live fish I'd be tempted to take it back to it's home. That is one determined fish.

Truly amazing.... I haven't eaten it yet but it did go under the knife.... poor old bugger just wanted to swim anywhere it could.

I have seen that many times myself. Once I got some crappies night fishing on Rice Lake. My fish basket came out of the water around midnite. Too tired to clean them when I got home, I put them in a plastic bag in my fridge. The next morning when I got them out to clean them, one of the bigger ones was still flopping around pretty good. Just to see what would happen I threw him in my 30 gallon fish tank with my goldfish. 100% recovery. Kept him in there for about a month and was toying with releasing him,then I decided to finally fillet him up.