work jobs work jobs

walleyemaster

Financial Administrator with the Research Services Department, University of Toronto. Previously worked in H.R. Management and tourism. The best pary of my working life was when I ran a tour operating business specializing in handling high-altitude climbing expeditions. Got to see some of the highest (not to mention spectacular!) mountain territory in the world. Unfortunately, there's no mountains in Ontario but plenty of opportunity for paddling & fishing in some of the prettiest terrain on the planet, so here I am. Have a lot to learn about fishing, though.

from ecomomists to regular working folk what a diverse group. . . . . .love to save this thread as the potential is huge

I custom built homes until a few serious pitfalls, a few back I shifted my core business and now do kitchens bathroom additions

Edited by aniceguy

Was a mason for 8 yrs.,worked for 13 yrs on the line in automotive manufacturing and got certified as a Six Sigma Black belt until last yr. when I lost my job due to the crisis in the industry.Now I have a Fishing & Marine shop and am living the dream :D

Theres one JOB,I do not want or like,but would if I had too.

You got balls ch312.

the odd thing is i used to be scared of heights and i went for this interview thinking they did renovations. at the interview they asked how i felt about heights and i told them im usually ok. then they tell me they often go up 30 stories on the sides of buildings and i figured i was done for. WHAT!?!? lol. the first day the boss took me up and explained how safe everything actually is when you follow safety precautions. as long as your rigging is setup by people who know what they're doing, you have nothing to worry about.

im not afraid of heights anymore and its an awesome job. even more fun when people complain about the noise we are making BEFORE we bust out the pneumatic hammers and big pressure washers. ok ma'am, we'll try to keep it down...TUCKA TUCKA TUCKA :thumbsup_anim::whistling:

Mac operator / Graphics guy at a Misterssuaga printing co. (cuts into why to much fishing time)

Volleyball referee for the Brampton Volleyball league (Hiring for Thursday Nights). To see if I could handle being called "this and that", a hockey ref is of future interest.

Street level Pharmacist ..... kidding

My dad used to be Group Product Manager (in charge of marketing) for Facelle. :P

Hey Drifter, your a long way from Weston Road in To. That's before my time. I'm sure many of the people I work with will know your dad.

Got hired by Procter & Gamble in 92 and the place is now owned by the Irving's of the east coast.

My work reminds me of this....

There was an old lady who swallowed a cow.

I don't know how she swallowed a cow!

She swallowed the cow to catch the goat...

She swallowed the goat to catch the dog...

She swallowed the dog to catch the cat...

She swallowed the cat to catch the bird ...

She swallowed the bird to catch the spider

That wiggled and wiggled and tickled inside her.

She swallowed the spider to catch the fly.

But I dunno why she swallowed that fly

Perhaps she'll die.

(I work with economists) :w00t:

I was / am, a Refrigeration, Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Mechanic. I worked 26 years in the Commercial / Industrial sector and specialized in Laboratory and Test equipment service for most of that time while teaching part time nights and week-ends. I gave it all up a little over a year and a half ago to teach the trade full time to Apprentices. We deliver the day school program through the Ministry of Trades, Colleges, and Universities to three levels of Apprentices from September until June.

I now have the pleasure of molding impressionable young minds and souls to do things properly and safely for many years to come. I love what I do and get a ton of satisfaction from being around these young men and women all day!

When you have the opportunity to play a role in forging other peoples careers, and assisting them to learn their craft that will ultimately result in them earning a decent living and raising their families comfortably, it really makes an old man feel good!

I work in a paper mill making toilet paper for Royale Tissue and in my spare time look after the family resort on Lake Cecebe called Manor Park Cottages

KW Mike

KW Mike it's nice to see another papermaker on here. I've been a proud canadian papermaker for 28 years and counting. I've worked in 2 different mills for 6 different companies. I'm currently at Abitibi/Bowater in Thorold. I work on the paper machines as a 5th hand(mike will understand what i mean). We produce newsprint.

Mike what do you do at your mill ?

Rob

I work in Public Transportation....I'd say a fairly recession proof job if there is one....currently operating Subway trains up and down Yonge/University/Spadina....they are hiring if you're looking....

Maureen

I'm a former tunnel rat from Greenwood. Used to clean up after the jumpers. TTC has always needed to hire drivers. Our family moved to T.O. when my stepfather got hired by TTC/GrayCoach

Currently sitting in a dark editing suit, cutting season 2, Episode 11 of Dave Mercer's Facts of Fishing THE SHOW, so you guys have something watch in a couple weeks! :lol: This exact thread came up a couple years ago. I posted that I was working for an editing and visual effects giant (technicolor) in TO, and Dave happened to be looking for a full time editor, so he shot me a PM and the rest is history.

He makes my job easy because he's an endless pit of knowledge. The only thing I have trouble with in the editing process is trying to figure out what I should cut out of the show, because he throws out so many good tips. Great company to work for, and even better friends!

KW Mike it's nice to see another papermaker on here. I've been a proud canadian papermaker for 28 years and counting. I've worked in 2 different mills for 6 different companies. I'm currently at Abitibi/Bowater in Thorold. I work on the paper machines as a 5th hand(mike will understand what i mean). We produce newsprint.

Rob

Hey Rob, hard to believe how many mills there are in southern Ontario. I run a rewinder, take large rolls of paper and turn them into small rolls and Packages you buy in the stores.

Dusty and hot but the pay and benefits are good. I worked in the mill many years ago but they moved me into converting when the old guys retired. I hope your place is as busy as ours is. We are even hiring new people when it seems like so many are loosing there jobs. I hope things stay good, I need 12 years to retire. ha,ha.

KW Mike

I was / am, a Refrigeration, Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Mechanic. I worked 26 years in the Commercial / Industrial sector and specialized in Laboratory and Test equipment service for most of that time while teaching part time nights and week-ends. I gave it all up a little over a year and a half ago to teach the trade full time to Apprentices. We deliver the day school program through the Ministry of Trades, Colleges, and Universities to three levels of Apprentices from September until June.

I now have the pleasure of molding impressionable young minds and souls to do things properly and safely for many years to come. I love what I do and get a ton of satisfaction from being around these young men and women all day!

When you have the opportunity to play a role in forging other peoples careers, and assisting them to learn their craft that will ultimately result in them earning a decent living and raising their families comfortably, it really makes an old man feel good!

Good on ya bud,the world needs more like you.

Joe

Rob

My Grandfather cut logs for Bowaters in Newfoundland.

Curt