Quick Video of Simcoe Feb 1, 2009

Joey

For any of those who ventured out today, I feel your pain. It was hard enough just getting to the spot by sled, let alone walking or standing in it. As soon as we drilled a hole, about 6 inches of water came rising up out of it, and stayed there!!!

Here's a quick vid I took.

Cheers,

Joey

it sure was slushy and crappy

how many times did my truck get stuck...ah..lets not go there

Paul did get a fish, I was thinking he had a big whitefish on

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Actually Wayne, my feet did get wet. As soon as the water went over the rubber part, it is not waterproof :wallbash:

Well that sucks. That was what I was afraid of with the -100 Sorel's Leah bought and then the -100 Kamic's that I bought... that they'd be no different than my old skidoo boots... above the rubber = wet! Why I bought the all rubber boot -40 Kamik's last year. I sprayed our -100's with waterproofer... hope that gives us a bit of an edge. Wet feet = No fun !

Put the Dubbin or mink oil or your favourite wax/oil sealer right to the leather, saturate the seams. My 40 yr old sorels still don't leak. What kind of a product is that? Way to lose a customer.

But seriously, Joanne. That was worse than fishing in mud, standing in freezing water all day. I liked the commentary, mentioning old friends. Thanks for posting.

what part of the lake were you on. Was going to head out of innisville tomorow but not if its all slush

For any of those who ventured out today, I feel your pain. It was hard enough just getting to the spot by sled, let alone walking or standing in it. As soon as we drilled a hole, about 6 inches of water came rising up out of it, and stayed there!!!

Here's a quick vid I took.

Cheers,

Joey

Guest skeeter99

throw out those sorels

and get some real boots

here is what I have for the last 3 years no wet feet ever and super warm and comfy actually wear them other times of the year

Baffin Titan rubber bootss -100 rated (designed for the arctic) I bought mine at tsc in bowmanville for $114 best money ever spent and I have all those expensive hunting and hiking boots they just dont perform like these

http://www.bigrays.com/proddetail.php?prod=21963

even the cheaper ones at ctc for $60 are really good also and no wet feet ever!!!!!

Edited by skeeter99

I was dizzy after watching the part of you walking from the hut too paul. :blink: ...lol......

I have allways been a bit weary on the ice i never feel totally comfortable and am very cautious. Had i been they're and seen that i think i may have been staying alot closer to shore.....lol....

we were out from innisfil and that's where the slush was

I walked out to the huts from innisfil as well. Thought I was gonna die by the time I got out to the town (and I mean town - damn there were lots of people out there). Managed to keep the feet dry but managed to keep the line clean as well :(. Funny thing was that the walk back didn't seem nearly as bad, seemed to be able to find prepacked trails a bit easier. Or maybe was the fact that I stopped 1/2 way back to get some perch and redeem the day with a small dinners worth.

Funny how we complain when it's warm out isn't it. It aint't ice fishing if you aren't miserable :)

we were out from innisfil and that's where the slush was

so all the way to the island was slush I guess,.

The slush was bad out there on Saturday, but it sure seemed worse and more widespread on Sunday.. Sure isn't fun getting wet feet....

Terry.. I gots 3 of them fish...lol

Good to have seen you all...

We were out Saturday (Jan 31) putting the hut out from the 9th line, (next bunch of huts north of where you were fishing)

Lots of snow, but no slush. Only passed one small slush spot, but it was already frozen.

Drove my truck with the hut in tow right over it. No problem.

I guess the warmer weather on Sunday didn't help, but when the colder temps.return,

everything should freeze up and make it easier to get around.