Long Weekend in Temagami

Joey

Hiya Joey. Looks like a beautiful spot to visit ! And fish too!

Glad to see you caught some.

Did you leave Wayne up there? He said he was going to stop by here on his way home today.

Yes Bernie, they were staying up til today to see the neighbour that said they were coming up on Tuesday.

I think they said they were leaving tonight.

Joey

JOEY!!!

Shhh, there are no fish in Temagami. Didn't you know that! :whistling:

Nice to see pictures of Wayne and Leah's Chalet, unfortunately this will be the only way I will see it this year. Looks like you had a great time up there, no doubt with hosts like Leah.... I guess that goes for Wayne too. :rolleyes:

Wayne, you're into those Fruit Loops eh? ha ha ha

Umm... Bigbuck.

Sorry, and not discounting your buddy's dad on his stories of catching fish here back in the 60's, but there are, and never where any muskie in Temag. Nice pike and walleye for sure, but no Muskie. I would not want you to fish here expecting to catch the cousin of a pike, and just catch pike. The closest lake around here for muskie would be Nippissing and the French River.

JTF

....Nice stuff guys and gals. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that walleye coming out of 90 f.o.w.

Well... it was actually 71.8FOW.. but who's counting! lol I figured Paul had a Whitey off bottom.. but no a pickeral and the other two from the same depth. Thankfully all three below the slot size as they was pretty much DOA !

..and as John the Fisherman pointed out for Bigbuck.. even though the MNR was nice enough to always post a Musky season for Div 26 (Lake Temagami) there are absolutely none in the body of water.

I'll get your pictures up sometime tomorrow Joey!! Thanks for the call tonight wondering about us. Neighbour talked us into staying another day and we went out fishing this morning... add Whitefish to the weekend count ! :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by irishfield

Well... it was actually 71.8FOW.. but who's counting! lol I figured Paul had a Whitey off bottom.. but no a pickeral and the other two from the same depth. Thankfully all three below the slot size as they was pretty much DOA !

....Even at 71.8 FOW Wayne I'm still somewhat surprised!

I'll get your pictures up sometime tomorrow Joey!!

Is it tomorrow yet?

Joey....sounds like a relaxing weekend. Seems this Irishfield is a generous and gracious host......hope to meet him one day if I'm lucky and share a "fishing experience".

Did you end up keeping the ling? I've heard of Europeans actually targeting ling on Ontario Lakes.....yes they are slimy and gross looking........but I hear that they are totally "delicious"...like a freshwater Cod comparison.....

Wayne said that the walley were DOA....I take it because they came from such a deep depth......bet they tasted fantastic....Enjoyed reading this post tremendously....Thanks.

Joey....sounds like a relaxing weekend. Seems this Irishfield is a generous and gracious host......hope to meet him one day if I'm lucky and share a "fishing experience".

Did you end up keeping the ling? I've heard of Europeans actually targeting ling on Ontario Lakes.....yes they are slimy and gross looking........but I hear that they are totally "delicious"...like a freshwater Cod comparison.....

Wayne said that the walley were DOA....I take it because they came from such a deep depth......bet they tasted fantastic....Enjoyed reading this post tremendously....Thanks.

Scucogboy, we didn't keep the ling as I hear they are very hard to clean, but Leah said they have a "ling fling" in Temagami each year and they are considered a delicacy. Maybe next time I'll give it a try.

Joey