Some walleye from the last few days

trapshooter

I've been spending a lot of time lately chasing walleye with my buddy Graham up here in Northwestern Ontario. We're putting a lot of km's on the sleds and a lot of holes in the ice.

There's a spot on Lac Seul that we've been spending most of our time at over the last few days. It's a channel with some current and a relatively flat bottom in 27 FOW. The fish seem to use it as a highway, passing through fairly regularly.

Jigs have been outproducing spoons for me lately. I'm really getting some confidence going with the horizontal jigging baits like the Foxee jig and the jigging rap. Set lines with small jigs and small minnows have taken the bigger fish, however.

DSC01535.jpg

IMG_1953.JPG

DSC01549.jpg

A couple nice ones for graham. 25" from last night.

DSC01554.jpg

28" first thing this morning.

IMGP0215.JPG

Fish fry tomorrow night then time to chase some lakers this weekend.

excellent stuff Ben, i'm not jealous at all...lol

just glad you'll be there Sunday so i can learn a bit of that fish catching know how from ya.....and paln to join ya fior some lac seul action ibn the next couple of weeks, like you said we're not more than 1/2 hours drive away if we meet in the middle.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

tknohpy - love the Hbird. This unit brought flasher technology out of the dark ages.

Cudz - I'm not in the last picture. Both Graham with the same 28"er. 2 photo's are stitched together.

Simon and Brkygetr - Really looking forward to Sunday and chasing lakers on Big Sandy.

Solo - I'm tipping them. The walleye are not very aggressive at this time of the winter and you need some meat to get them to commit. Even with the meat, it's still a very light bite most of the time.

Spiel - not far at all.... @ 2000kms. Let me know when you're arriving :clapping:

Spiel - not far at all.... @ 2000kms. Let me know when you're arriving :clapping:

....Well it won't be this winter but I have every intention of spending some time ice fishing up that way after retirement. :thumbsup_anim:

If I remember correctly I drove past the exit to Lac Seul on my way to Vermillion Bay.

If you were in Vermillion Bay, you were close. You can access Lac Seul from here in Sioux Lookout, from north of Dryden and from Ear Falls. The VB turn off goes up to Ear Falls. Let me know and I'd be happy to show you around or give you some info if you're going to a different part of the lake.