Today on Cooks Bay !

cityfisher

Hey all,

Made my first trip of 07 on cooks. Slept in and made our way on the ice for 9 am.

Packed up all the gear and headed out....

Noticed a couple people driving their cars and LARGE TRUCKS on the ice.... :dunno::dunno: no comment :)

stayed with one pack of huts for the first half of the day and did wel... Lots of small ones ( we only keep fish over 9') but managed 10 keepers including one MONSTER 14 incher ! ..Biggest perch i have ever seen !

Slowed down in the afternoon so we moved out away from the pack and had some great action!!!

10 more keepers and we were on our way home.... Had the new Finder with me and never even bother to set it up...lol No need.... perch were everywhere ! !

A couple pics from today

img0002ly2.jpg

img0006yr0.jpg

Had i have seen trucks driving on the ice i would have had kittens and stayed of the ice....As much as i love to ice fish still scares the hell out of me......lol...I remember a few yrs back went out at ackers on the bay everytime i heard the ice cracking i about had kittens right on the spot i did.....lol....

Glad you had a good day out. :thumbsup_anim:

Yeah on the drive back to shore i noticed 4 cars and a couple Large trucks including some guy with a large work truck... :dunno:

Large heavy trucks on the ice now is not wise especially after one went in on Friday but you know ice fishermen are not the sharpest knives in the drawer OFC members excluded of course!

BTW nice perch!