Insane drivers

lew

I had a $50 gift card for BPS so I figured today would be a good time to go up and spend it, but by the time I completed the 80 KM round trip, I felt like I'd been driving in a demolition derby with some of the morons I had to share the hiway with.

Like most places, it snowed here (Toronto) all night and when I left home this morning at 9:30 we'd had about 6" of snow and the DVP/401/400 were basically covered with snow & slush, and most folks were driving accordingly, but as always, there were the usual assortment of hotshots on the road that thought their driving skills were far superior to everyone else and found no need to go slower than about 120 KPH and when they hit the slippery & slush covered spots and crashed, they naturally took several other cars with them, and I passed no less the 7 multi vehicle accidents along my route.

I never actually witnessed any of them, but I'm darned sure every one of those 7 crashes was caused by some guy who was driving waaaaaaay too fast for the conditions and when he lost control, he took some innocent folks with him everytime . It was unbelievable how fast some of those guys were driving considering the poor condition of the roads, and I just hope none of the innocent people they took out are seriously hurt.

C'mon guys, when the roads are covered in snow, slush & ice, please slow down a bit and drive accordingly, cause the life you save may be mine or my family....thanks.

And BTW, this thread IS fishing related cause I bought 2 nice musky bucks for my $50 ;)

Funny you mention these drivers Lew. I saw that guy in the green Mazda on the on ramp to the 401 eastbound hit the wall in front of me. Passed me trying to be first doing about 90-100 km. Hit the wall like a sack of sand. No seatbelt and confused as to why he crashed. My first question to him was are you allright. When answered with yes I preceeded to tell him that I was waiting for the cops to let them know they had a Jackass on their hands. He was none to happy. Complete idiot. I hope that law comes in effect that will cause them to haver to pay for damages to others and themselves outside the insurance realm. I counted 21 cars off the road from Bathurst/Major Mac to my house Meadowvale and Lawrence. Complete Joke. Mine is fishing related as I bought Jiffy oil today while out. :D

I need to get out today but I fear for those fools on the road too.

only 6" of snow there? dang, I wish that's all we got. You couldn't see lic. plate on the van this morning...

it's fishing related as I had to move my ice fishing gear to get at the shovel...

Here is a valid point...why must everyone tailgate on the 401/404/407 when its icy or snow packed.

Keep a decent speed and distance so you have time to react.

My favorite are the ones with the six figure SUV's who scream by and loose it when they have to touch the brakes :asshat:

I put on over 40,000 kilometers a year driving for work alone and get to see all the fun stuff :blink:

Best area for this kind of havoc is the 401 Kingston to Belleville...always speeders in the ditch :P

Maybe they were in a hurry to go ice fishin' Lew... you know how crazy those folks are! ;)

You if they don't have any reguard for thier own lives, they have even less for someone elses! :angry: There's idiots everywhere!!!

On the road

On the water

On the ice

In the woods

It's very hard to get away from them! :wallbash:

Maybe they were in a hurry to go ice fishin' Lew... you know how crazy those folks are! ;)

You if they don't have any reguard for thier own lives, they have even less for someone elses! :angry: There's idiots everywhere!!!

On the road

On the water

On the ice

In the woods

It's very hard to get away from them! :wallbash:

You forgot the Internet.........................Idi (na I can't say that) :whistling::angel:

And here I thought people were being more civilized today...I didn't see any accidents on the road on the way to work or home tonight...but then I left here before 5:30am so that might have something to do with it. I do hate those who cut into my safety zone though...but I expect them to so I am prepared....

Drive safe all....there's fish just waiting for you to come get them :D

maureen

:thumbsup_anim:

Yaaaaay, another "everybody slower than me is an idiot, and everybody faster than me is a moron" thread!

Keep to the right, don't rubberneck, keep loose on the wheel. Oh noes that was hard!

ahh i talk too much edited..

Edited by BUSTER

Not That I repond much but, part of the problem is the automobiles themselves. I drive a 1994 Toyoto Camrey. Nothing fancy and very happy with it. Conditions get worse I slow down. Common sense.

Now My brother inlaw has a 2009 Honda ridgeline truck. If the truck starts to skid then a computer takes over and corrects everything. Good or bad weather conditions he drive the same speed and curses the slow pokes. He's probably one of those guys on the 401 you see flying by at 120 regaurdless of condions.

I usually drive faster then the flow of traffic when the conditions are bad. But I'm not weaving in and out of traffic being a dumbass. I drive a good 50K a year, perhaps I am a little more comfortable in this kind of stuff then some people, who knows..

Nothing beats a good set of snows and the knowledge of what your vehicle does in what weather...