Temagami Area Tipup Pike Report

Minnow

Hey Guys

Headed up with my friend for some pike fishing in Temagami on a small pike lake. We fished this lake in the summer and caught a good number of pike so decided to give a try on the hardwater. We setup our tipups in shallow weedy water about 6-10 ft deep and waited. Not 10 mins go by and the first flag goes up! We handline a nice chunky pike. Through out the day we were catching good sized pike and they were biting like crazy. We landed about 7 pike all around the same size and we were pretty satisfied with our day of fishing. We were getting ready to pack up when...

Pike3-1.jpg

Pike2-1.jpg

The Flag goes up, I run over and see the fish burning off line, I grab the line and set the hook, and it was like setting the hook on a freight train! Immediately I know its a good fish! Now I am not the best at handlining so it was a very long and nervous process to bring the fish up to the hole to take a look at it. Then finally when I got the fish close to the hole we realize its a MONSTER! The fish takes off again and all I can do is let the line burn through my hand! After a while I get the gator up to the hole but his head is not fiting through the hole! So i roll up my sleeves and reach in under the ice to guide his head through the tiny hole, I get it through as my friend watches in disbelief as I pull out the gator that seems never ending, I am 6 ft 2 inches tall so use that to get an idea! We grab a quick pictures and back she goes, and we decided to call it a day since we will not be topping that anytime soon! Amazing day on the water and a Personal Best Pike for me!

Pike1-1.jpg