My Steelhead Drought is Over!!!

ccmtcanada

Well...after catching nothing in about 8 outings, my skunk was finally broken....thanks to the expertise of CANADIAN COPPER.

We headed out on a "crisp" morning. CRISP being an understatement. It was a balmy -17C (-24C with the windchill). Good thing it wasn't windy where we were....not that it mattered THAT much...LOL. I remember back in October saying "as soon as it goes below zero, my fishing season is over".

Anyhow, we arrived at our spot bright and early...around 6:15am. He blindfolded me...even though I had to drive...he just gave directions. It was still dark out and for some reason no one else was around..haha. I wasn't quite sure where the water was, because of the ice fog coming off of it!! The visibility was around a foot and we had our lines in the water, using roe. By 8am, I had a hit...FISH ON!!! I fought him, and eventually brought him close, with CANADIAN COPPER manning the net. Just as he went to reach for it, it rolled and snapped my line. We figure it was a nice 8 pounder that got away.

A little while later, I had yet another hit. This was a little guy, so I managed to land him farily quickly. Here's the chromie that ended my skunk.

gallery_60_22_41334.jpg

No, the fish didn't instantly freeze when he came out of the water....hehe...that's snow on him. He was back in the water about 2 minutes after he came out of the water....just time for a quick pic and back in.

CANADIAN COPPER then finally landed this 7 pounder on a jig. He was getting a little concerned because me...the newbie already landed one and lost one...this was his first hit all day long.

gallery_60_22_42499.jpg

Anyhow, I had one last hit around noon....and then promptly lost him...using a pink worm. Thanks CANADIAN COPPER....for taking me under your wing...and teaching me the ropes. Also for the use of the equipment and the company. I'll be calling you again soon I'm sure!!!

PS...gotta go to the ER....should get those black toes looked at....they just dont feel right....LOL j/k

REMIND THE WIFE I'LL NEED THOSE PHOTO'S AGAIN NEXT OUTING LOL

Thanks for getting him out of my hair for the day CC! Glad to help out with the photos, I'll keep them handy. I must confess, I am a bit jealous that I had to stay home and tend to the children, maybe another time :)

blyght

Edited by blyght

Hmm strange Copper usually has his fish clean showing all its colors and siver! No sugar coating on it. :unsure: Or is is batter ready for the frier, guts and all!! :D

dsn

Edited by dsn