Bass season opener has been changed

4x4bassin

I just recieved my Ontario Out Of Doors mag. and I read that the bass opener has been changed from the last saturday in June to the 4th saturday in June (23rd instead of the 30th)

Does anyone know anything about this ? A late christmas present from the MNR perhaps !!

As far as I can remember it has always been the last sat. in June !

I hope this isn't old news because i've been away for awhile and this is new to me.This gives the bass fisherman an extra week of fishing some years :D

Cheers

4x4

This change has been made due to i believe 3 times in the next 8 years where the last Saturday ends up on the long weekend of Canada Day. otherwise, for the most part, the fourth Saturday will be the last Saturday in June. It is older news but many guys with little or no interest in bass fishing might not have heard about it.

Regards,

John :D

I checked into it and the news was released on Dec.20/06 (MNR Press Release)Not that old but old enough, I guess in the world of computers!!

I guess I have been out of touch for the last month , and just because I have not heard about this certainly doesn't mean I have "little or no intrest in bass fishing"That is not the case!

Great to hear you love bass fishin!!! Ain't nothing else like it!!!!

ps, i wasn't signaling you or anyone else for that matter out, i thought it was a good post cause probably lots of people didn't know about the change except for tourney and die hards with too much time to kill. It's a little older than December, it has been in the air for months prior to that announcement. Forgive me if you took my post out of context :dunno:

Can't wait for warm weather, green weeds, and hawg haulin fun..... but i need to get a couple meals of perch first :thumbsup_anim:

bass......what the "REAL" fish snack on :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Well Lew if that is true (and I know it is) I'd really like to see the old girl that would have swallowed the bass that you caught while I was with ya :lol:

Use to plan my annual vacation to be up at Rice lake for the opener.

Unfortunately our inland waters here except for a couple have a open season all year round to target em, but then again it's our most plentiful game fish.

Whopper

is that a spot? wow, you are making me jealous. Well lake erie on the ny side is open year round now as well, C&R only, but heck what else do you do with 5 and 6 lb smallies :dunno:

BTW, you're weather looks far nicer than what we have up here now.

Yup! She's a "Spot". All my Bass are C&R, I'd much rather eat Crappie and Catfish.

Last weekend wasn't that warm, but it's s'posed to be 60 tomorrow... just in case y'all wanted to know that. ;):thumbsup_anim:

Bass= The poor man's muskie!!!! Pound for pound if you use the right tackle you'll have one heck of a fight for the size of the fish and when you loose a bait you don't have to go to the bank to get a loan for a new one.

i just phoned my fishing buddy in bancroft and told him that and he said that made his day,we always do the bass opener together like we have been doing for about 12yrs,now so thats great...that gives me a few extra days to call in sick to work....oh-yaaaaaaa :thumbsup_anim: i would think my work would see a pattern by now because all my sick days are always the same every year,they all match the different fishing seasons,,,,im glad they arent fishermen at the head office they dont know any of that stuff.... :Gonefishing:

John, the bass season has been approved for 2007. 4th Saturday in June, it is basically for the most part gonna be the last saturday still except for 2 or 3 times in the next 8 years the last Saturday falls on the Canada Day long weekend. Here is the link,

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/MNR/csb/news/2006/dec20bg_06.html