A New Category is Needed for OFN Community

carp-starter

"best of" would be cool, if there's any way to regulate it. Some sort of button you have to hit on a report perhaps.. where if it makes that certain number of button pushes it gets into the best of forum. I dunno, just shootin' ideas.

On the old board, I think I remember being able to "subscribe" or bookmark certain threads and find them easily on your profile. Rather than another board category, could this feature be added? Saves having to develop all sorts of convuluted criteria for what makes a "best of" report

I'm content just hitting "view new posts" !! :canadian:

:thumbsup_anim:

Can we have a guy with a shotgun,crossbow,camera,dingalings? We have a guy with a rod and reel after all. :rolleyes:

I do believe I was told this once,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SUCK IT UP BUTTER CUP. <_<

I don't care for other sites. Here it's like being in a crowd of people all the time with interesting coversation going on. Other sites its like you are in a huge building and you have to go look door to door for something interesting. They also seem too impersonal.

When you are out for a day with the guys fishing you don't talk fishing all day do you?

Good description as I couldn't agree anymore. Like other members stated leave it the way it is. Why ruin a good thing. Now they want Board members to judge threads. Geez its cl icky enough as it is. Think about it. Yea and who's going to choose the judges. Leave this Board alone. If you ask me, if we need a separate section. There should be a Kiddy section so I know I'm conversing with adults or vice verse

maybe there is a way in the software to have three folders - one that is the general discussion which has all the posts just like it is now.

one folder that has only the NF posts and one forum that has the posts that are not designated NF (so presumably a fishing post)

that way, the folks who like the GENERAL DISCUSSION (like me) could go to that folder, the folks who are interested in the fishing post could go to the FISHING folder (which sorts out the NF threads) and the NF folder (which sorts out the NF threads).

same threads, just sorted differenltly for different tastes.

maybe there is a way in the software to have three folders - one that is the general discussion which has all the posts just like it is now.

one folder that has only the NF posts and one forum that has the posts that are not designated NF (so presumably a fishing post)

that way, the folks who like the GENERAL DISCUSSION (like me) could go to that folder, the folks who are interested in the fishing post could go to the FISHING folder (which sorts out the NF threads) and the NF folder (which sorts out the NF threads).

Good description as I couldn't agree anymore. Like other members stated leave it the way it is. Why ruin a good thing. Now they want Board members to judge threads. Geez its cl icky enough as it is. Think about it. Yea and who's going to choose the judges. Leave this Board alone. If you ask me, if we need a separate section. There should be a Kiddy section so I know I'm conversing with adults or vice verse

I don't think a single person has stated they want the format of the board to change.

Obviously it's good as is.

What's been mentioned would be an addition to the already existing sub-boards.

I think what your going to see is OFNers Branching in different Directions. May work for some, but I like going to work then when I have time checking out the Board. One spot I go to and that's the General Discussion which usually I have a lot of threads to go through. Knives, Cars, Bass, Carp, Fishing Report, Yea I need to Know something about Stereos. The Carp Poster has my answer. Cool. That's what I like about a collective forum vice a selective forum.

Saw the title a couple days ago, and ignored the thread. Checking in now to see where it's at after 4 pages. Seems like the usual response....the all-topics-welcome General Discussion really is what makes this site unique. All the great folks on it make exceptional. All the jerks keep us coming back for more :D Kidding....

Just to throw my $0.02 on the pile...if you want a board that has different forums within it, we won't hold it against you if you post over there too :P

I don't think a single person has stated they want the format of the board to change.

Obviously it's good as is.

What's been mentioned would be an addition to the already existing sub-boards.

If you mean under the Sub Forum. AS long as I don't have to read every body's two cent judgements on yours and a few other standalone excellent threads on the Discussion Forum which would be where the thread would originate from I suspect before going to the Sub forum. LOL Im Jealous, Yea, my fishing Pics are Garbage compared to yours when I do manage to get some pics out. I nominate you as judge! Can I pay you off? Hey that gives me a good Idea. Me judging a --------Lady Byng OFNer

I think we need a new category for FF.NET USERS

See Terry is all for it. I do not hear anyone seconding GCDs "My Bleeding Hermorrhoids" ad on.

GCD I dunno about you. Why would you use your Hermorrhoids for fishing. I think that would hurt.

I pray you are not thinking of making a sequel to that Bass video: http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27337 because that would hurt all of us :lol:

forrest