My Xmas present for my Dad! (NF)

TJQ

A few OFC'rs have met my Dad, hes always been a workaholic and turned 75 this year.. His main passion in life is the annual maple syrup run. Hes VERY hard to buy for, and doesn't like anyone spending $ on him. Last year in March I took some video and edited it together for him, It turned out pretty good and I thought people here would enjoy!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The link to the video is here, if ya want to watch it in high quality.

Great video TJQ, I remember being on a school trip in public school going to our local Maple Syrup facility. I was probably only 8 at the time, but the samples were fantastic.

Maybe get his tractor sandblasted and repainted, or maybe not. He probably knows every nick, dent, and rust spot without even looking at it. It may throw off his familiarity with the machine.

if your father hasnt seen this yet TJ and he is the kind of man you say this would be more than enough of a gift for him i would think, very well done, it brings a few tears and many great memories of my great uncle who i helped on his sugar bush until he passed.

happy holidays hope you enjoy them with family friends and anyone else who matters!

Matt!

Maybe get his tractor sandblasted and repainted, or maybe not. He probably knows every nick, dent, and rust spot without even looking at it. It may throw off his familiarity with the machine.

Its a 1943 Ferguson, still runs like a top!!

Nice video thanks for sharing. I like his ATV. TJ I guess you are in charge of the packaging supplies...LOL

What are you trying to say??? ... ahhh .... who am I kidding.....

awesome video TJ, i can taste it, does he do it just as a hobby or does he sell some?

He sells enough to put gas in the tractor the rest is for family and friends, to be honest, between cutting the wood in the fall and all the labour involved, you cant charge enough for the syrup. He also boils it a bit past the Premium grade, so its extra thick and yummy!!

Obviously a labour of love. Looks like he really enjoys himself and takes pride in his product. Good for him.

I like the process he goes through, I think you could call it hand made ! Does he split his own wood too ?!

I especially like the fancy maple syrup bottles !!!

I,m sure he'll enjoy the movie. Great job.

Congrats to an excellent video... Brought a tear to my eye !!! We used to do the exact same thing with my father-law before he passed away 2 years ago.. I was something we all loved doing and the grand kids loved the outdoors.. Your Dad on the tractor reminds be of my my father-law on his Kubota and the kids on the 4-wheelers... What a great memory and thanks so much for sharing...

My wife started to cry when she watched it... Wish we would have thought of something like this to give him for the memories !!!!!

Thank you

Tiz

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, A video is Priceless.!!!! It's great to see somebody that age still being able to do work(or play) that interests him. My Dad started alzheimers at about 68 years old if he hadn't started that I am sure that he would've been as active. My Dad passed away at 75 not haivng talked a single word in his last 2 years. He had never seen a 40 hour week in his life. His Dad tended to a 300 acres potato field until he was 82 years old. Hard work never scared that generation. I wish I could still enjoy days like that with my Dad !!!!

Edited by wallyboss

Thanks TJ for this wonderful video.... what a nice setup he has :thumbsup_anim:

He looks very happy doing the chores and can see the passion he has for making the syrup... Kudos to him :clapping::canadian:

I'm sure he'll enjoy and like the video :thumbsup_anim:

Great job and thanks for sharing

Leechman

Great video TJ.... I was fortunate to get a rye bottle full of the dark (much better than premium grade) nectar at Lakair a few years ago. I was very protective of it and it lasted me the best part of the rest of that year. Thank him for me!