Winter Solstice

Roy

Good morning everyone!

I know that Lew won't like to hear this but today is only the first day of winter. Today is the shortest day of the year....night being the longest DOHHHH. If you have something to do needing daylight, get crackin'. You only have eight and a half hours to do it in.

Have a great day everyone.

Well roy like the old saying goes: If ya cant beat em join em !!!! :whistling::clapping: might as well go ice fishing and help pass the winter,it beats being cooped up inside all winter !!! :canadian::sleeping_02: i used to do so much ice fishing,and do it all over southern and central ontario,i just cant do as much of it anymore cause of my back,but its still nice to get out a dozen times or so,and hey at least the days will start to get a little longer from here on in right !!!! bring on march & april spring salmon & crappie fishing.....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Well roy like the old saying goes: If ya cant beat em join em !!!! :whistling::clapping: might as well go ice fishing and help pass the winter,it beats being cooped up inside all winter !!! :canadian::sleeping_02: i used to do so much ice fishing,and do it all over southern and central ontario,i just cant do as much of it anymore cause of my back,but its still nice to get out a dozen times or so,and hey at least the days will start to get a little longer from here on in right !!!! bring on march & april spring salmon & crappie fishing.....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

if your ever up in the north for some reason fishindevil let me know we can go fishing and dont owrry about the back i'll drill the holes and keep a fire goin!!!! and bring on the longer days it just meens more time on the ice, and a better tan! :thumbsup_anim:

Bernie, that's exactly what I thought, 500 years before the Egyptians started to make their pyramids, the bloody Irish made a theatre that was lit up once a year by the sun, to celebrate the end of teh darkness. The structure was built out of rocks.

That sounds as though they had some time on their hands, plenty o meat and hides, the kids were doing well at school and the retirement fund was coming along nicely.

That was a full thousand years before Stonehenge was built, too. That accuracy of planning and design could exist 5000 (FIVE THOUSAND) years ago boggles this here mind.

Especially in Ireland. I can say this really slow, one more time, for the Irish.

Edited by douG