Tonight's Full Moon

Greencoachdog

When I saw the title, and then the author, I thought this can't be good......Thankfully you kept ur pants on.

This was intersting though :

"Try this trick, though: Using a pencil eraser or similar object held at arm's length, gauge the size of the moon when it's near the horizon and again later when it's higher up and seems smaller. You'll see that when compared to a fixed object, the moon will be the same size in both cases."

Anyone know what time tonights full moon will set and hopefully it's after sunrise tomorrow ??

Lew...found a site for Toronto...

Dec 12. Moonrise 4:25pm. Moonset 7:56am (tomorrow)

Sunrise for Toronto tomorrow is 7:43am

Here's the link for future reference....

Moonrise/Moonset/Sunrise/Sunset Info

Edited by ccmt

You realize that this means winter is really here now right? Break out the ice gear boys and girls......its time to pound some holes :)

Sinker

Not just yet Sinker, there's still one more softwater trip left tomorrow :lol:

Not just yet Sinker, there's still one more softwater trip left tomorrow :lol:

Good luck tomorrow lew.... hope you catch a monster :thumbsup_anim::canadian:

Will be keeping an eye out for your report :canadian:

We on the other hand might just hit Mcbay for some hard water fishing :Gonefishing:

Leechman

Another astronomical treat that could be seen tonight and for the next two nights is the annual Geminid meteor shower, one of the year’s best displays of shooting stars. Up to 100 meteors an hour can fly across the sky. The meteors, which are easy to spot with the naked eye, appear to shoot out from the constellation Gemini, hence their name, but they can be seen all over the sky. However, with a full moon so bright, the best place to look is away from the Moon.

Meteor showers happen when the Earth passes through clouds of debris shed from comets. As the tiny fragments smash into the Earth’s upper atmosphere at about 100,000mph, they burn up in streaks of light.

For reasons that are not understood, the Geminid meteor showers are tending to grow stronger each year.

The Moon will be at it's closest to earth tonight for the year, and should make for some good viewing and photo opportunities!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28182139/?GT1=43001

Glen here is a shot from the front of my house but I've seen the moon bigger last summer and not as white but more light orange looking, here it is:

DSC01233.jpg

Another one:

DSC01234.jpg

Got the first real snow storm last Tuesday and Wednesday and here is the results, the view of my deck from the driveway after shoveling:

DSC01235.jpg

and the front lawn:

DSC01236.jpg

We got 32cm's in the spawn of a day in a half none stop :w00t: Tonight their calling for some more snow but a lot less this time...... Going fishing maybe tomorrow on ice B):canadian::Gonefishing: