need some advise what are your thoughts

aniceguy

I scoured the internet to find an e commerce site to buy a new fishfinder found an ad on a webboard so I contacted the guy...appears like a reseller, or internet seller, yet has no website, so the price is almost too good to believe...

Anyhow I said I would like to pay via paypal and a credit card so there is record of the transaction. He said he doesnt accept cc's or has a paypal acct, the only way he accepts money is via westernunion or Moneygram online having never used either is there any recourse if a fraud is committed.

Yep Radio World would be my nomination as well. It's not far off the 400 and a really nice store to browse through. Excellent counter staff who know the product. I can't keep up with all the new features they way I like to in the past.

Usually BPS and Cabelas start clearing out last years models after Xmas. Watch those sites in January and you might come across a good deal. I missed one last year on a Lowarance LMS

Let it go. If it's "almost to good to believe", chances are it is. Especially on an internet sale where he wants what amounts to essentially cash. I only buy online when I can buy either with PayPal or with Credit Card, via a secure site.

Electronics are something that I would recommend having somewhere that will validate a warranty.

J...

thanks for the advise jos is always the best deal, the unit I was looking to buy was the lcx38hd canadian best price on it was 1990 this retailer had it for 990 hence why it peeked my interest.....

acopy of the reasoning

It is not that we don't use Paypal account but we've been having alot of problems regarding some individual bad fund deposition into our account,like stolen paypal and all that which has led to the cancellation of our paypal account two times.

Right now we only accept paypal payment from a company account which orders in bulk.

Any individual payment must be through either Westernunion or the other.

Hope you understand this.Your payment is 100% secured cause i could understand that you want security on your money.We have been into this line for a quite long and we won't jeopardise or tarnish the image of our company because of a unit order.We Customers wide world as we deals in order consumers electronics as well like cell phones and other.

Get back swiftly so we'll be able to proceed.Your address and phone number is needed to process the shipment.

Thank you,

Ben.

Wow, sounds like a grade 8 kid that's running the company. :lol:

It seems pretty "mickey mouse" and I wouldn't be caught dead sending my money to a company like that.

Stick with the local/big name stores for purchases as big as electronics.

thanks for the advise jos is always the best deal, the unit I was looking to buy was the lcx38hd canadian best price on it was 1990 this retailer had it for 990 hence why it peeked my interest.....

acopy of the reasoning

It is not that we don't use Paypal account but we've been having alot of problems regarding some individual bad fund deposition into our account,like stolen paypal and all that which has led to the cancellation of our paypal account two times.

Right now we only accept paypal payment from a company account which orders in bulk.

Any individual payment must be through either Westernunion or the other.

Hope you understand this.Your payment is 100% secured cause i could understand that you want security on your money.We have been into this line for a quite long and we won't jeopardise or tarnish the image of our company because of a unit order.We Customers wide world as we deals in order consumers electronics as well like cell phones and other.

Get back swiftly so we'll be able to proceed.Your address and phone number is needed to process the shipment.

Thank you,

Ben.

I think my 5 year old niece has better grammar skills then this... This screams scam...

Email him back and say you'd like to pick up the item in person with cash, see what he says then :)

Not that it's the be all and end all, but obviously english isn,t this "retailer's first language" and that would certainly be a red flag for me especially in today's internet scam filled world. If this person is selling these types of things you'd think they could take the time to reply something close to professionally - and this certainly isn't anywhere close. Drop it like a stone !