Pic for the naysayers

Weekend Angler

Hi Guys;

I see the original thread is locked. Too bad it went that way.

Here is a pic of the fish from the Larry on Friday. 57"x33" Released.

No record requested. No glory. Just a nice big Muskie released for someone else to catch...

BTW the angler is over 300lbs just to give some perspective on the size.

Enjoy

Dale_St._Lawrence_11282008_57x33.jpg

But that is a huge musky!

Martin Williamson's fish from Nov 2000 was kept, 55.5"length by 31.5 girth and weighed 61.4 lbs.

That musky there from the St. Lawrence is easily bigger, maybe over 65 lbs. Amazing!

Thanks for posting that!

Edited by ehg

Thats a special fish right there. Congatulations to the lucky angler! Simply awesome. I hope that one day I can tangle with one even close to that. And at night! In 3.5 foot waves?! Sick. :clapping:

Or do we need a stick to verify the height of the waves GCD? :whistling:

umm.....yeah I would like to have seen the pics with the measurements/weight too (I am with GCD on this....he knows its a kick butt fish too)

Nothing to say that it is a world record, just an uncommonly huge honking once in a lifetime fish!

forrest

Edited by forrest

I can't believe the belly.....why was it still eating? I guess what they say about muskies putting on the feedbag in the fall is bang-on.

Anyone know if the Ken OBrien fish was caught in the late fall? It had a GIANT belly as well.

Also - anyone know if pike load up like this in the late fall as well? Assuming the muskies are getting big while feasting on the baitfish schooling and spawning....i have to think the big pike are there as well?

Edited by cram

GCD and Forrest -- i don't believe the guy claimed (at least on the othe boards) that its a world record. From what i can tell he's not exactly claiming anything other than caught a giant fish of a lifetime that he set free to swim another day.

so?: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

It is a fish of a lifetime. :thumbsup_anim:

A fish of 57" x 33" would be almost a sure bet for the world record.

So, if anyone does catch a world record muskie then please submit it for the record ......forget about mercy for the Musky....think about mercy for all of those that waste time debating the current record. type into google "world muskie record controversy" to see what I mean.

forrest

No record requested.

No glory. Just a nice big Muskie released for someone else to catch...

That's what it's all about and congrats to the angler, it's a monster fish for sure.

Without asking for details about the location of that brute, it'd be intersting to know the depth she was caught and the lure that enticed her ??

Edited by lew

I've got to admit that I'm a little disappointed that there aren't any length and girth measurement pics, but that's ok I guess.

umm.....yeah I would like to have seen the pics with the measurements/weight too

I'm just curious as to why anyone would want to see a photograph of the tape measurements after the angler has already said what the size of this fish was ?? :dunno:

This is one of the main reasons why so many musky fishermen never post pictures or stories of big fish, as it's just not worth the aggravation or doubtful accusations of so many others, and what's even worse, is so very often the remarks come from people who have never caught or even seen a big musky in their lives.

It'd be nice to have the angler who caught the monster in this story join this board and tell us some of his other fishing tales, but I kinda doubt that'll happen now that he's basically been called a liar on one of the most read fishing boards in Ontario.

We've lost several excellent musky fishermen from this board in the last couple years and comments like these are one of the main reasons they left.

Edited by lew

That is one spectacular fish no matter WHOSE ruler you're using. Congrats to the folks who braved the elements to bring us this monster and also for putting her back where she lives.

Just beautiful!

Got to really respect a guy like that considering the health of the Fishery than anyone elses judgement. Obviously professional and it give us or you the chance to catch him or his offspring one day. Great pic, wonder when itll be on the cover of Ontario Outdoors, because its got to be, maybe thats his glory in the end.

I'm just curious as to why anyone would want to see a photograph of the tape measurements after the angler has already said what the size of this fish was ?? :dunno:

This is one of the main reasons why so many musky fishermen never post pictures or stories of big fish, as it's just not worth the aggravation or doubtful accusations of so many others, and what's even worse, is so very often the remarks come from people who have never caught or even seen a big musky.

Sorry to have ruffled your feathers Lew, but if I caught a fish that big... you can bet your butt that there would be length and girth pics!!!

Evidently he had to have measured it to come up with those figures, whats wrong with snapping a pic of the measuring process???

We haven't heard from that angler directly, and things have a way of being exaggerated when they come second, third, and fourth hand.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the angler or the fish, congrats to the angler on a fish of a lifetime and much respect to him for releasing it back to keep it in the gene pool.

Sorry to have ruffled your feathers Lew, but if I caught a fish that big... you can bet your butt that there would be length and girth pics!!!

Evidently he had to have measured it to come up with those figures, whats wrong with snapping a pic of the measuring process???

We haven't heard from that angler directly, and things have a way of being exaggerated when they come second, third, and fourth hand.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the angler or the fish, congrats to the angler on a fish of a lifetime and much respect to him for releasing it back to keep it in the gene pool.

I spose if he was interested in proving anything to anybody, he'd have clubbed that big girl over the head and killed it, but obviously that's not his style and good on him for that.

Guess he never thought it was his responsibility to prove himself to a bunch of strangers.....and good on him for that too.