Chemong Lake Nov 4

Laker272

Hooked up with gone_fishing for a few hours on the lake this evening. We trolled the south side of the causeway heading west so we could access the north side of the lake. Powered up the lake at 3mph in my tin can and headed to an area that was producing some nice fish earlier in the fall. No takers.

Headed across the lake in front my park where the docks used to be. Drifted past, and nothing. Made the run to the beginning of the drift and tried again. About half way I hooked onto what I thought was a giant weed growth. Then it turned. Holy bud, I'm into a good one. Then we saw a monster eye surface. thanks to the fantastic netting skills of gone_fishing there was now my PB walleye laying on the floor of my boat. Now I don't know if you guys are gonna believe this but it weighed in at 6lb 14oz on the digital scale, and measured 28". I got it on an Xrap in a secret colour. Does any of this sound familiar? I am one happy angler tonight. Two minutes later gone_fishing hooks into a nice eater that he will be enjoying for dinner. So no skunkings happening on my aluminum boat's first trip on Chemong. I have only had the boat out twice prior to tonight and both resulted in skunkings on Scugog. To have the first fish caught in the boat to be a PB is one hell of a way to Christen her. Great night bud.

wow.jpg

wow.jpg

Guest steel'n'esox

Yeppers she looks like a 6-14 to me, and very clean with nice shoulders, congrats on your new pb, and night time is the right time, at least thats when I like to fall fish for walleyes, esp with the warm week.

hey bud, i never actually posted a report on this site about the time i caught that fish (twice) lol... so i guess it won't sound too familiar to most members here, lol.

here's the pics though for everyone to see...

October 6th...

2.jpg

camera was dead, had to use the cell phone!

October 7th... this time we had a working camera...

IMG_1578.jpg

both of my fish (more than likely the same fish) was caught in the same spot, on the same lure, and both were the same size as the fish that Laker caught (also more than likely the same fish that i caught... lol).

so now you all know the full story behind this truly stupid, yet amazing fish! lol!