It's been 2 weeks--It's now been 4 weeks update

Bernie

Good on you Bernie... :thumbsup_anim:

Just keep the mindset that nothing...absolutly nothing is worth lighting up another smoke...

Nothing so grand, so great, is worth lighting up to celebrate...

Nothing so bad, so sad is worth lighting up to mask your sorrow...

I am over 21 years smoke-free and rarely think about smoking and feel sorry for those I see out standing in the cold outside having a puff...especially outside the Hospitals with their IV poles attached... :(

I also had those dreams that Daplumma is talking about. Ten years after I had quit I had the dreams of cheating on myself and taking a cigarette. Ended up with all the guilt in the morning and the relief of knowing it was only a dream. As long as you have in the back of your mind that one smoke will start you again you should be able to kick it completely because it sounds like you really have had enough and want to quit. <<<I think this is one of the most important steps of quitting.

Just don't let up and get over confident. One smoke will send you back to buying a pack or a carton. I am over 24 years free from smoking and I know that I can't take just one smoke at a party or anywhere and everything will be ok. Been there and made that mistake before.

Stay on guard and don't give in ................ you can do it!!!!!!

Tom.

Well lets just say your doing good. I for one, even with all the working out ,CANNOT, seem to kick them.

Someone explain this to me.

I have a mind and it does matter. So why is this mind over matter?????????????

Bernie keep it up bud. Congrats to you.

WTG Bernie, keep at it, never give in to the habit again! Think about all the new fishing stuff you could buy with the year's savings.

Hey you know HF this is one of the things that really had no bearing on my decision. But the wallet IS a little thicker this week.

I quit 25 years ago and also stop using drugs. Spiritual awakening is one reason I can stop cold turkey for good.

My Grandfather and Uncle died from it! Lung cancer will not even exist if not for smoking.

Find another friend who has also recently quit smoking, so you will get further support and work together towards a successful cigarete free life.

Your system needs to be detox, so does your entire home, car , clothes, friends, etc.....You should reach a point that any reminder of fumes will bother your smoke free habits.

Just mere wanting to quit is not enough, you need to find a reason more powerful that will transform your thinking that something more important supercedes the need to smoke. YOU NEED A PLAN! NOT JUST A GOAL/b] Example: Imagine if you were given a chance to changed your career into a professional hockey or a basketball player, who were paid millions, would you still be smoking? If you start hanging out with healthy sport minded people who are serious in wining sports event weekly, and you need to keep up to be accepted by the group, would that give you a good reason to quit smoking?

Two other potential reason for successfuly quitting your addiction:

1. Someone else you owe your life to, you can't repay the person with your money or your hard work and wanted to please the person for owing the person your life.

2. I just saw on TV and some psychiatrist did some research, and state that a person will quit their bad habits if they are subjected to punishing pain after one decides to get back into it. The success rate of quiting bad habits are high for the pain of the punishment is more unbearable than the actual enjoyment of the habits itself. Many who got cancer always quit smoking in no time.

Keep it up, one day at a time!

Took a customer home today and she was smoking in the car. It was an awful temptation to stop and pick up a pack on the way back to the shop but I held off.

I do not make my living through sales, but I still can't imagine anyone smoking in my car. It is not OK. You are no longer someone that used to smoke in cars or that lets someone smoke in your's. Start thinking like a non-smoker. It's Okay, cause you are one now. Period.

13 years and never had a craving. You either are one or you aren't.

Jim

I do not make my living through sales, but I still can't imagine anyone smoking in my car. It is not OK. You are no longer someone that used to smoke in cars or that lets someone smoke in your's. Start thinking like a non-smoker. It's Okay, cause you are one now. Period.

13 years and never had a craving. You either are one or you aren't.

Jim

It was her car. I run an auto repair shop and I took her home while we worked on the car. Gives me a chance to test drive the car at the same time. She knows that I was a smoker. I did not tell her that I had quit. I did not smoke cigarettes. I smoked Colts cigars.

It was her car. I run an auto repair shop and I took her home while we worked on the car. Gives me a chance to test drive the car at the same time. She knows that I was a smoker. I did not tell her that I had quit. I did not smoke cigarettes. I smoked Colts cigars.

The point is that you have to have an attitude when you quit. If you don't [have the attitude that you are a non-smoker] you're screwed.

Good luck.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

It's now been 4 weeks and NO SMOKES. Been going OK most of the time now. Had an awful urge yesterday at work and today just sitting here with no pressure. Funny how that goes. Had that dream daplumma said I would last night. Ha I did feel guilty. Hope these major urges go away soon. Wasn't this bad the last time I quit.

Guest skeeter99

good going

I have stopped smoking now for 13 weeks

I quit on champix in 4 days and never looked back never wanted a smoke or nothing it is a miracle drug, been in the woods for days and out in the boat all day without a smoke no problem!!

hey if I dont need a smoke in the boat, I really dont need to smoke at all

honestly quitting smoking using champix was probably the easiest thing I have ever done in my life REALLY!!!! not kidding

for those who are thinking or have tried and fell off the wagon go see your doctor and get the prescription it is cheap $30 a week for 12 weeks when you consider the benefits of not smoking short and long term and a little financial pain will feel like nothing if you quit and look back on it years later and say I should have quit earlier

just my 2 cents

good going

I have stopped smoking now for 13 weeks

I quit on champix in 4 days and never looked back never wanted a smoke or nothing it is a miracle drug, been in the woods for days and out in the boat all day without a smoke no problem!!

hey if I dont need a smoke in the boat, I really dont need to smoke at all

honestly quitting smoking using champix was probably the easiest thing I have ever done in my life REALLY!!!! not kidding

for those who are thinking or have tried and fell off the wagon go see your doctor and get the prescription it is cheap $30 a week for 12 weeks when you consider the benefits of not smoking short and long term and a little financial pain will feel like nothing if you quit and look back on it years later and say I should have quit earlier

just my 2 cents

Never even thought about using something Skeeter. Last time I tried the patch and it didn't help me much. But honestly I believe it was because I wasn't committed to quit. Have never heard of Champix but I am glad it worked for you. Perhaps it could work for others wishing to quit as well.

Guest skeeter99

Bernie

yep the stuff is great it basically turns off the nicotine receptor in your brain, so no withdrawl symptoms at all and when you do have a smoke ""out of the habit of lighting up"" trust me it tastes awful it is like sticking your head up a dead fishes ass to put it in plain terms, thus you break the physical habit and the battle is half won and after the 12 weeks your brain does not know what nicotine is and the physical part of the habit is gone and bingo you are smoke free

everytime I smell a cig or go by the smoking area at work it actually helps me because is see them hacking and the stink of cigs is unreal!!!

then I think no thanks!!! it is that easy

Edited by skeeter99