It's been 2 weeks--It's now been 4 weeks update

Bernie

Keep it up Bernie, you're a much stronger willed person than I am. I quit everything else but the smokes I just can't do.

You can do it Rich but as long as you tell yourself you can't, you won't...

If you need a couple of good reasons take a look around and think what harm your second hand smoke is doing to them...

Hang in there Bernie...The best is yet to come !

Edited by Beans

Egads, I'm preaching already

If it helps others I say GO FOR IT.

Im still batteling.

The brain says no no no,but well you know..........

Good news though,the mrs,s is going to go to the gym now aswell,so maybe if the both of us stop,it may just happen.Hard to stop when theres another in the house hold that still does.

Bernie,WELL DONE.

It's now been 4 weeks and NO SMOKES. Been going OK most of the time now. Had an awful urge yesterday at work and today just sitting here with no pressure. Funny how that goes. Had that dream daplumma said I would last night. Ha I did feel guilty. Hope these major urges go away soon. Wasn't this bad the last time I quit.

You're getting there Bernie. One day at a time. In this race there is no finish line to look toward. Each day gets a little easier than the last, but that temptation is always there. I was having the smoking dream a couple of nights back, woke up and, right away, checked my dresser to make sure I hadn't done something stupid.

I quit cold turkey 9 yrs ago.....never looked back after that other than to kick myself in the arse for being such a moron...give yourself some type of a reward for accomplishing such a hard habit to break!!...I put the money that i saved aside and i was able to buy a new ATV :clapping:

You're doing great bud!!!....keep it up!! :clapping:

It's now been 4 weeks and NO SMOKES. Been going OK most of the time now. Had an awful urge yesterday at work and today just sitting here with no pressure. Funny how that goes. Had that dream daplumma said I would last night. Ha I did feel guilty. Hope these major urges go away soon. Wasn't this bad the last time I quit.

Keep it up Bernie, your doing great :clapping::worthy: It's a hard habit to kick but your doing great :thumbsup_anim:

Leechman

You are to the point that you can quit watching the calendar. You are a non-smoker.

People that never smoked don't wake up saying "it's been 46 years, three months and ten days without a ciggy". They just get on with life.

Forget the bloody things, they aren't a part of who you are anymore (much like your mullet, or ex-wife, or plaid bell-bottoms, etc).

Congratulations!

Jim

Thanks for all the reply's folks. Smoking is still an issue it appears. Would be good for us all if they just banned it altogether.

I think four weeks is far too early to let the guard down. Nicotine is a tricky beast.

Wow are you ever right about that Jersey. Friday and yesterday were almost as bad as a couple days later. But fine today, not a bit of craving.

I am really starting to feel better, no more cough in the morning and less huffing on the stairs.

Good luck to all that want to quit in the future. I hope you can do it. :thumbsup_anim:

Way to go !!!

Keep it up Bernie ... and always remember .. the craving itself NEVER lasts for more than a couple of minutes ... so you ONLY have to be strong for a couple of minutes at a time .... but dont kid yourself ... even after 2 years or 20 years... you are always one puff away from being a smoker again .... so just dont take another puff - period.

Thanks for all the reply's folks. Smoking is still an issue it appears. Would be good for us all if they just banned it altogether.

Bernie, you couldn't of said it better :thumbsup_anim: Ban it all together would be beneficial for us all :canadian::clapping::thumbsup_anim:

Keep it up :thumbsup_anim: you're doing good :clapping:

Leechman aka Jacques

Edited by Leechman