Musky fishing for Pike and Walleye.

GbayGiant

Went out today just in time to get soaked in the rain but it ended up being a good day. Started to troll for muskies and like usuall I never get the targeted species but was happy with this monster Pike instead. Was marking tones of fish in 30fow so I was running baits at 20 feet, came up on a 18 foot hump and she hit a 10" Firetiger Jake rite when it started bouncing off the rocks, shortly after I thought I had a weed but it ended up being another Pike but just barely bigger than the lure. :D

med_gallery_322_145_15287.jpg

med_gallery_322_145_76757.jpg

gallery_322_145_34709.jpg

I had 3 batteries and two power packs on the boat and amazingly drained them all but the one power pack so I decided to head back home at 5:00pm just getting to the best time of day but had no choice. I pulled up to park my boat at the dock and my brother in law was just heading out in his boat and asked me if I wanted to go, so off we went this time for walleye. Caught a few small ones and then my biggest of the year a fat 31" to end a great day. Musky was my goal but can't complain when these things happen, all the fish swam away for another day.

med_gallery_322_145_31252.jpg

Edited by GbayGiant

Thanks fellas.

Wayne, nice monster musky you got this year by the way, seen it but didn't post that day.

Darrell more rods the better, how bout you shoot me a PM when you feel like going out and we'll work it out, not much time left this year though the waters already 49 as of today, won't be long before ice comes in.

nice.. but you're making me miss Georgian Bay..

Lol, it's good when you get them and there usually big but damn it's a tough place to fish, I'm not sure there is any tougher water in Ontario, lots of skunked days but the good ones make up for it on the Bay and you always have a shot at a trophy, if your about numbers it's not the place.

You Da Man !!! I would just dye to get into some Pike and Walleye from GBay like that.. We've tried the Port Severn and Honey Harbour areas for years and haven't been able to raise a decent Pike or a Walleye like that.. 8 lbs Pike and a 2 lbs Walleye so far...........

Great Fish !!! Nice to see in which it keeps my hopes alive as I know they're in there and it's just a matter of time...

Tiz

Thanks guys, yep just keep grinding out on the bay and eventually you'll get a good fish of whatever species your after.

Did you get a measurement on the pike, its a great fish.

What was the water temp down to?

Temp was down to 49, I took the pic on the timer than put her in the water by the tail and got my tape out but she wanted to leave in a hurry and it was hard to hold on, got one at 42" one at 44" so I'll go with 43" but she felt like a musky with a nice thick tight girth, she had some sort of big bait fish half way down her stomach as well if you look just after her head is thicker than her belly, lol.

I've been wanting to get one of those 60" bump boards to get accurate measurements on big fish.