In Memoriam .... (NF)

Gerritt

Found this board weeks after this happened.

Was moved and still think of it to this day. Had a child just born shortly after that. So reading about it was very significant to me. Your ability to forge on through this unimaginable tragedy makes you still a hero to this day.

Godspeed

Gerritt, my heart goes out to you. I remember we joined the site just after that happened and Jil101 (Joyce) told us of how everyone pulled together for you and I just knew at that point OFC was the kind of community I wanted to be a part of.

Remember him fondly and my thoughts are with you today my friend.

Joey

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone... The reason I posted this is to remind everyone just how important OFC is to myself and so many others... I also wanted to let newer members know that the C in OFC really does mean community. While I am accepting of what has happened in my life up until now... it does not mean life is fair.

I did not post this looking for sympathy, But rather to remind everyone just how important it is to keep the ones you love close to you, and to remind those close to me (Many OFC members) Exactly why we are still here... Sure we bicker, sure we disagree... but in the end what we have in common is what binds us and makes us the "family" we are today..

I firmly believe people are built upon their experiances in life.. while many of us have taken kicks in the teeth in life... we are stronger people because of the experience.

I just wanted to personally thank you all for the past support, now... to get my "OFNC4Life" tattoo. :)

G

I wasn't around then Gerrit but all the same I can feel your pain.....

Life doesn't always smell of roses and the big picture isn't always what we would like for it to be but we do endure and move forward in hope of greener pastures. Thats what life is...

I never had the chance to give you my condolences on the passing on your child so please consider this my opportunity....

Chris

Hard to believe that it's been 6 years already Gerritt. Wow. I remember that day vividly as well. I know exactly what job that I was on that day, only because I couldn't get the thought of what your family went through, out of my mind that day. You are a very strong and compassionate man Gerritt. And thank you for being there for Sis and I when we needed it. It meant the world to us.

God bless man, my daughter is almost 2, can't imagine your family's pain. Everything happens for a reason but having your child leave this place before you, wow, that is too much. Stay strong, though we may have only briefly met, you are a good dude that I know. We're both from the hammer, pm me whenever ya need a beer or fishing partner dude!

It was a day and a time that showed what many can do for the aid of one, and his family.

I can remember a number of people that have been helped by the public and more importantly the private help of our membership. I pray that on this day you can be strong, that all of our families are well and our thoughts can be positive.

A sad story told by a guy I had the pleasure and honor to meet personally.

Although I do not know you closely, I can tell by your posts and heartfelt honesty that you are a very very special person better than most men, Gerritt.

The OFC board is very fortunate to have you as member.

Wow! I am a new member, and proud daddy! Your strength is admirable. Please know I've been thinking of you and yours since reading this post and ran home to hug and kiss my 2 and a half year old. That plate of food he through across the kitchen today seemed like so little. Thanks and sorry at the same time! God bless!

Gerritt,

I remember that day all too well. It is hard to believe that it has been six years already.

I was absolutely floored to read your post that evening when I got home from work. I recall meeting You and Spiel at the funeral and recall how painful that time was for you. I can't imagine going through anything like that myself. Little Terence is in my thoughts quite often.

Take care.

Brian

Edited by Rattletrap2

Gerritt, I too remember that day vividly. Waking up and reading the message you'd left me literally floored me. The tears and the heartbreak were instant for you and Becky. I also remember seeing Terry via webcam the day before, laying on the couch because he wasn't feeling well. I also remember how the members of this board pulled together and how it was Spiel who offered to have funds sent to his address for those who wanted to help with the funeral costs. Like many have said before me, I believe that is when OFC became a true family. I don't post on here as often as I should, but seeing your post reminded me of what a wonderful place this is and I'll try to get busier on it.

In Dans' reply, he mentioned how you and Becky were there for me when I was diagnosed last year with the big C word. When you called, it really did mean a lot and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being there.

Friends til the end

Sis

I am having a hard time trying to think of something to say after reading your post (the tears being only part of the problem).

My most sincere and deepest sympathy is yours and if you were within hugging distance it would take me along time to let go.

Warmest regards,

Jim

Gerritt, I too remember that day vividly. Waking up and reading the message you'd left me literally floored me. The tears and the heartbreak were instant for you and Becky. I also remember seeing Terry via webcam the day before, laying on the couch because he wasn't feeling well. I also remember how the members of this board pulled together and how it was Spiel who offered to have funds sent to his address for those who wanted to help with the funeral costs. Like many have said before me, I believe that is when OFC became a true family. I don't post on here as often as I should, but seeing your post reminded me of what a wonderful place this is and I'll try to get busier on it.

In Dans' reply, he mentioned how you and Becky were there for me when I was diagnosed last year with the big C word. When you called, it really did mean a lot and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being there.

Friends til the end

Sis

Nice to see you back and posting Sis.. dont be a stranger! Expect a PM from me.

G

.....Oh I remember the day very well. I also remember meeting Gerritt and his wife for the first time at the funeral home with an amazing amount of mail the good members off this board sent to me so that I may be the messenger. For that I'll be forever grateful as it has allowed me to get to to know Gerritt well and allow me the opportunity to call him "friend". God bless you all.