Hurricanes hit Canada the worst

holdfast

Pull the Knives out of our backs. Gas in SK $147.9. It spiked to 134.9 a Day before labour Day and the New Orleans Hurricane. Then it Spikes to 147.9 for the texas hurricane which is 45 cents a gallon while texas spikes 5 cents and the USA average of 5 or 6 cents. They insist that we reach $1.50 as televised. So a Barrel is less than $97 and we have the highest gas prices in History. Time we and the Government did something. I KNOW ONE THING, I DONT CARE WHAT PARTY HE MAY BE FROM BUT IF I SEE A CANDIDATE AND HE BEATS AROUND THE BUSH I SWEAR I WILL EMBARRASS HIM. Time for this criminal Mafia monopoly stop. I have less and less in my pocket. They may say we're not in a recession. Then We're in a depression. (Sorry no spell check)

I'm too poor for a stock porfolio or a vehical for that matter. I do however feel for you boyz with your toyz. I watched the pump price jump and i just shook my head. Short of an all-out Revolution i think we maybe a bit pooched for the next few years.

-R-

And why do you think more and more people are stealing gas???? I did 2 theft of gas calls at the same station last night...both within 10 minutes of each other. No one can afford the redonkulous prices.....i have to move or transfer because I can't afford to drive to work. 2 fill ups a block (4 shifts) = $100 x 3 blocks a month.....is more blinkin money than I spend on my car payment and insurance combined!

I too am p i s s e d about the ever increasing cost of gas. A car, van, 2 motorcycles to fuel and a 140 kilometer commute, so ya it hurts.

But, selling gas is like any other business, supply and demand. We cannot afford to do without the gas so we continue to complain about it and continue to purchase it.

How the hell does Minister Dan McTeague know ahead of time when the prices are changing? somethings fishy.

By stock in Petro Canada or some other fuel company and reap the rewards too.

complaining about it without action is the same as sitting idly by doing nothing.

Write a letter to your MP, make the gas prices an issue....

How the hell does Minister Dan McTeague know ahead of time when the prices are changing? somethings fishy.

He isn't a Minister he is the opposition.... Even when he was in government he couldn't get his party to do anything to stop them, although he certainly did try. The reason the oil companies aren't being charged is more complicated than you would think. It would take writing a new law because what is happening while morally and ethically outrageous is not illegal. The law McTeague wants is one that mirrors the Anti Trust laws in the states, which would make it more a civil not legal matter. The problem is the aggravated by Nafta which states we must oil sell to the U.S. as well so we get tied into every problem they imagine. That might help us in a bit though because their government is looking to limit speculation there which will help here.

The big problem is as stated though we currently need gas to live the life style we want to live. Until we dig deep as a nation and do something about that the longer we will keep getting hijacked at the pumps. If we had a real leader from any party they would IMMEDIATELY after the election do three things.

1) Pass a law requiring a 10yr moratorium on any enviormental study that holds up any national energy crisis program. (that way a panel of industry, government and citizens could mandate that any project in the interest of a national energy program would take place without the blood sucking consultants holding it up for years.)

2) Declare that by any means necessary within 5 years they would be a CANADIAN ONLY electricity grid. This grid would use and all existing technologies to develop ways to power this grid to the extent that within 8 yrs it could power at a minimum of 80 percent of the energy needed for domestic transportation by electrity, on top of enough power for everything we currently use. This would all be done by tender.

3) Any corporation or person holding up or excessively profiteering from any of those projects would be guilty of treason and treated as such.

If we did that then it would make sense for everyone to begin the switch to electric cars and electric transit systems. The technology we would develop could lead the world, and make us the new energy kings.

But what do we get the two stevies and jack whining about how they can't do anything....

I too am p i s s e d about the ever increasing cost of gas. A car, van, 2 motorcycles to fuel and a 140 kilometer commute, so ya it hurts.

But, selling gas is like any other business, supply and demand. We cannot afford to do without the gas so we continue to complain about it and continue to purchase it.

By stock in Petro Canada or some other fuel company and reap the rewards too.

complaining about it without action is the same as sitting idly by doing nothing.

Write a letter to your MP, make the gas prices an issue....

You may want to buy stocks else where or get out when you smell a downfall due to fraud. Just like the Morgage companies in the USA, Greed will only last so long before the market falls but it could be years. The way I look at it , the increase in gas is the same decrease in my pension because I need gas to get to work to live, and heat my home in winter. The only thing that will hit them is a long term boycott at one of the pumps and I would start at Petro Can for several weeks. Yea I know some of the owners may loose their buisness, but something has to be done. It has to be long term. Yea Mc Teague figures a decress today. Betcha it will be less than the storm increases or figures per barrel comparism as early summer. Yea its fishy how he predicts 1.50 and sure enough its there. Fraud I say and its criminal, We'd be in jail if we dealt with people like this.

I just read that gas dropped today by an average of 9 cents a litre :dunno:

still not all that great, but also still around the same as a few years back when gas spiked about 70 cents a litre all together during that year from what my wife and I figured out that year according to all the gas reciepts I keep for work,I recall gas being at about the 70 cents a litre mark, and going up to around $1.30 ish during that time throughout the year from winter to summer. Man I am glad I can write-off a huge hunk of that

Edited by jwl

You can write it off your taxes, but it's still gonna hurt your bottom line unless you can get your customers to eat a 20% price hike everty 2 years. You still have less to put in your pocket.

Writing the MP is a way to make noise. Unfortunately, my MP ( a real blue) does not like me any more, and probably has my e-mail address on auto delete.

You know the worst part? Ottawa has consistently had the lowest gas price for regular throughout the year. Don't bother with the politicians as they are tip toeing through the tulips on this price issue because Ottawa receives such huge tax revenue, the higher the price goes the more $$$ is raked in. How many want to bet that the gouging issue will disapear after the election is over.

Class action lawsuit... it's the only way to deal with gouging.

Like all things my friends this too will pass..

Spikes will always be in everthing we do, supply and demand. Can you really say if you bought a fishing reel for $100.00 buck then found out everyone wanted it cause the factory closed that you would sell it at $100.00.

They have us by the short and curlies becuase of our greed and stupidity.

GM, FORD etc.. built gas gussleing things to make us feel safer on the road.

Houseing moved into the suburbs cause you could but a super big house for half the cost.

Getting credit was super easy so you could but a even bigger house than you could afford. Size mattered

Now

Auto makers are finaly shifting to better fuel economy, smaller cars trucks. HELLOOO took too long and they are paying the price.

Burbs are no longer cheaper, Big houses cost lots of fuel to heat/cool drive too work, etc.. People will move closer or smaller houses

Free market is only good if you have supply and demand. Higher gas costs the more people want too sell it, They will all start looking for more oil it will get cheaper over time... Only issue will be by the time it runs out will we be at other alternatives.

I wish for cheaper Gas too. I also wish I could use less gas but use the same stuff.. A boat engine that gets 100 miles per liter, a house that could be heated by a candle... I think these will come before the gas gets cheaper than water.

Ok I ranted :)

I just read that gas dropped today by an average of 9 cents a litre :dunno:

still not all that great, but also still around the same as a few years back when gas spiked about 70 cents a litre all together during that year from what my wife and I figured out that year according to all the gas reciepts I keep for work,I recall gas being at about the 70 cents a litre mark, and going up to around $1.30 ish during that time throughout the year from winter to summer. Man I am glad I can write-off a huge hunk of that

Ours went down a whooping 2 cents. Am I the only one that would love to see these thieves kicking to catch their last breath on earth as they are being lynched. Just like the weasel that steals most of the change but leaves a bit in the jar thinking nobody will notice. Heres something to consider. By the time you take the taxes and the tar and so on from one Barrel of oil your left what is made for gas which brings it about a decimal point over. Meaning a barrel is 93 Dollars we shoud be paying 93 cents. Not scientific but in the past it worked out that way.

He isn't a Minister he is the opposition.... Even when he was in government he couldn't get his party to do anything to stop them, although he certainly did try. The reason the oil companies aren't being charged is more complicated than you would think. It would take writing a new law because what is happening while morally and ethically outrageous is not illegal. The law McTeague wants is one that mirrors the Anti Trust laws in the states, which would make it more a civil not legal matter. The problem is the aggravated by Nafta which states we must oil sell to the U.S. as well so we get tied into every problem they imagine. That might help us in a bit though because their government is looking to limit speculation there which will help here.

The big problem is as stated though we currently need gas to live the life style we want to live. Until we dig deep as a nation and do something about that the longer we will keep getting hijacked at the pumps. If we had a real leader from any party they would IMMEDIATELY after the election do three things.

1) Pass a law requiring a 10yr moratorium on any enviormental study that holds up any national energy crisis program. (that way a panel of industry, government and citizens could mandate that any project in the interest of a national energy program would take place without the blood sucking consultants holding it up for years.)

2) Declare that by any means necessary within 5 years they would be a CANADIAN ONLY electricity grid. This grid would use and all existing technologies to develop ways to power this grid to the extent that within 8 yrs it could power at a minimum of 80 percent of the energy needed for domestic transportation by electrity, on top of enough power for everything we currently use. This would all be done by tender.

3) Any corporation or person holding up or excessively profiteering from any of those projects would be guilty of treason and treated as such.

If we did that then it would make sense for everyone to begin the switch to electric cars and electric transit systems. The technology we would develop could lead the world, and make us the new energy kings.

But what do we get the two stevies and jack whining about how they can't do anything....

What about the Competetion Act? The regulators sure like to wave that one in my industry's face. I'm trying to figure out what's so different about the gas retailers conspiring to fix their prices, and an across the board increase of 12 or more cents overnight sure looks like collusion to me.

JF