Saturday report - Fishing with Dad

fishnsled

It's been a very crazy summer for my Dad. Having bought a new home and dealing with several contractors, he hasn't had much time for any fishing. Well the work is finally done, for the most part and it was time for some well deserved R&R.

The original plan was for Simcoe but when we saw the 3+ foot waves coming in we opted for the Kawarthas. The weather was great but the fishing was terrible. We fished deep, shallow, weeds and rocks. Covered just about every type of structure and cover and threw the whole tackle box at them. It ended up being the toughest day of the year for me.

On the bright side, I did get the old man out for a day on the water. :thumbsup_anim: We did catch some fish, my Dad's first walleye in over 20 years - all of about 6 inches. We down sized and got a ton of perch and a couple of bluegills, all on the small side and I got the strangest looking largemouth I've ever got. Lots of fun and laughs and a great day with Dad, can't ask for much more then that. ;)

Here's a pic of the bucket.

IMG_5176_1_1.JPG

Right on Will - nothing beats a day out on the water with your old man - even if you weren't able to put him on some fish! :P Just kiddin' dude - wish I was able to get out with my pops more often - fish or not, just spending time out on the water is what matters. As for the largie, I don't know man, he's got a serious under-bite! lol

thanks for the report.....

Ryan

Hey Will....got your chores done and you got to go fishing with you dad....can't beat a day like that! How the back feeling? You'll need it nice and strong this weekend....hehe.

Fishing last weekend for us was tough too....went after muskie....had a follow on the second cast....then 3 more follows thru the day and no takers. Had to downsize as well to put a few fish in the boat.

Thanks for the replys. The back is doing much better Cliff, thanks for asking. I'll be ready for the weekend. ;)

HH- We'll be out soon, hope you're feeling better.

As for the bucket's lip, I think it had been torn off. No signs of any disease at all, a very healthy looking fish otherwise. I found it interesting that this fish had adapted quite well concidering it's miss fortune. I think we often wonder what happens to these fish we release. How many of them make it and how many don't. Maybe many more of them make it then we might think. So if you ripped off the top of a fishes mouth in the past year or two, I'm happy to report it's doing fine. :thumbsup_anim: